How to lose weight on meds?! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantel Leitner

Hi all I am new to this forum and am in need of some peer support and or any tips or encouraging stories to help me with my weightloss process. A bit of back story In 2016 I was put on zoloft for ppd and anxiety and that same year I was diagnosed with an unsepcified blood clotting disorder which resulted in me being on xarelto a blood thinner for the rest of my life. Both medications although not specified as likely side effects have caused me to gain a ton of weight 100 lbs to be exact anyways I am curious and hoping anyone on here has had a similar experience and found a routine that works for stubborn weight gain?? Thanks for reading!

I have not had a similar experience, but a friend of mine has. She is on xarelto. It can be difficult to lose, but not impossible. Don't lose hope. As a longtime member of weight watchers, we often had people on meds that caused them to gain weight. It does take a little extra work and patience with yourself.

The only way to lose is to burn more than you take in, there's no getting around that. Choose a diet that you like and think will fit in with your lifestyle. Incorporate exercise, if you can. If not, try to be as active as possible. And I whatever diet you choose, focus as much as possible on whole foods and fresh vegetables.

Good luck.

I'm dealing with the same shit. I gained 70 pounds on Ingrezza. Can your doctor's prescribe you adderall to offset the weight gain? I lost 9 pounds on it.

I'm dealing with the same shit. I gained 70 pounds on Ingrezza. Can your doctor's prescribe you adderall to offset the weight gain? I lost 9 pounds on it.

Adderall is a very strong stimulant, a type of amphetamine, it is not a weight loss drug, it often does have loss of appetite (but not always) as one of its very long list of side effects, so your doctor is prescribing off label.

In Australia Doctors require special permission to prescribe this and other ADHD medications due to how dangerous they are and how often they are abused.

Adderall is a very strong stimulant, a type of amphetamine, it is not a weight loss drug, it often does have loss of appetite (but not always) as one of its very long list of side effects, so your doctor is prescribing off label.

In Australia Doctors require special permission to prescribe this and other ADHD medications due to how dangerous they are and how often they are abused.
It boosts up your metabolism.

decreased appetite and weight loss are possible side effects of Adderall use. Both adults and children can have these effects while using this drug. However, Adderall is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use as a weight loss drug.Dec 5, 2016

It’s only approved to treat ADHD and narcolepsy.

It's a shame that when someone genuinely asks for advice that you are instead promoting a drug that is not approved for weight-loss. Chantel is already on a mix of prescription drugs & needs to be careful, rather than adding another to the mix.
I'm closing this thread as it is promoting too much spam as well. It's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back