How to lose loose skin when not allowed surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia99

Hello,

I am new to the forum, so i don't know if my post is in the right section, my apologies if it is!

I'm a 21 year old female who has an immune system illness that was caused by having to take a lot of medicines as a child without knowing i am highly allergic to medication that needs to pass through the stomach.

That being said, i am a very short, small build girl, meaning i have the skeleton of a 10-12 year old. Because of the unknown years long intoxication my immune system build up water or something like that (english isn't my native language and i can't find the right word) causing me to weigh 98 kilograms (i'm 1,58 meters) without eating anything. (Before this i had struggles to keep myself from becoming highly underweight.)

As i was starting to have failures within my body because of the extreme overweight they decided to perform a bypass mini. I am not allowed to take any medicines anymore as i am allergic.

I've since then lost more than 50kg and am again to my usual 10 year old body weight.

However the weight loss has caused my belly to have very loose skin, my breast shrinked about 4 sizes leaving loose skin aswell, and i constantly have a belly that looks bloated.

Although the scale's number is pleasing i am completely devasted with the way my belly and breast look.

Because of my immune system issues, doctors strongly advice against getting a tummy tuck and a breast implant as surgery brings lot's of dangers.

Does anyone know some good exercises or any alternative options to help me finally get my body back to how it used to be? I am completely open for intense workouts as long as it will finally bring some results...

I'm sorry if this post is all over the place, it makes me very emotional...

Just know that you are doing great, and i'm proud of all of you!

Lot's of love!

Hi Emilia and welcome. Congratulations on getting on top of your health problems and losing all that weight. Health is the most important thing you can have! However if you lost 50 kg from 98 at a height of 1.58 m and that's including the loose skin you're very thin right now. Maybe unhealthily so.

There are no miracle cure for loose skin, no matter what sellers of expemsive creams and exercise programs try to tell you. Exercise in general plus time may help a little though. If you look up Obese to Beast on Youtube he has several videos explaining how he deals with his loose skin.
Best of luck!

There are no miracle cure for loose skin, no matter what sellers of expensive creams and exercise programs try to tell you.
This bears repeating. Lots of people will try to sell you things that won't help. Time will help somewhat, but only a little.
If you look up Obese to Beast on Youtube he has several videos explaining how he deals with his loose skin.
Here's one of his:

Here another person dispelling some rumors:

Welcome to the forum Emilia! And congrats on the big weight loss.

I don't have much wisdom to add here, only experience. Like you (and Err) I have lost about half of my body weight, and I have lots of loose skin. To be honest it does bother me sometimes, but it sure is better than being obese. I have to remind myself of that from time to time, I try to think of my loose skin as a trophy of my weight loss...

A lot of people say that it gets at least a little better with time, and it probably does. Particularly for a younger person like yourself. For me (much older than you) it's been 6 months and I don't see much change, but I am working on being happy with my new found body and health. More than worth the trade off!

Best of luck to you.

i dropped about a quarter of my body weight a few years ago (i'm 67 now) with most of it occurring within the first 4 months. in retrospect i wish i had taken some photos of loose skin then. it happens very slowly, but in a few spots... my neck and gut... i can definitely remember a lot more skin than i'm seeing today.

Building muscle mass through weight training exercises can help decrease the appearance of loose skin, especially if the loose skin is from weight loss. If excess fat distends the skin for a long time, the skin can lose some of its ability to shrink with weight loss.

really? show me one person in good shape who has a 40" waistline that is solid muscle. three years down the road from my weight loss i can definitely see some contraction of the excess skin. my neck and waist have both shown signs of regaining a normal appearance. not there yet, but getting closer. i haven't lost a pound in more than two years, yet due to a decrease in skin, my waistline has continued to fall by nearly 2 inches now.

i don't know any science to back this up, but i have a feeling skin elasticity is something that degrades with age.

Last edited:
You can try cavitation RF machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back