How to Gain 20/30lbs?

Im 16, 5'10 and 123lbs. I want to gain 20/30lbs in mainly muscle. I have plenty of time for gym work everyday. I dont want to take any supplements like whey protein. I have a bench at home which is the only equipment I can use. What excercises are best for mass building? What should I be eating before and after a workout. And do you have any other tips for mass building.

Check out some of the posts by Goldfish in the weight training section. He has some good starting points there.
Diet wise sensible balance with enough surplus for building but not too much, basically fine tune it.

There are protein powder, mix it with water and drink it anytime you want. But you need to continue going to gym and eat more of protein foods. What part of your body you would like to develop?

clean & press
rowing
deadlift
squat
pullups
pushups or bench press.

first perfect your form
then add weight and intensity safely

eat often & plenty
get enough sleep/ rest.

dont rush it. to gain all that weight will take months, years
you have your entire life to exercise, dont hurt yourself

Last edited:
You will have to use supplements to gain that amount of muscle. Mainly muscle, as you said. Read the article (removed). I'm not encouraging you to use the things they are suggesting, not for your age, just understand that you cannot grow pure muscles without protein supplementation and high hormone levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
MattyT, well you know, I did gain an extra 15 kg just simply going to our house in the forest area, and doing some cleaning up area by cutting down the trees near the house, by using some serious and heavy stuff like mauls (link removed), and it will build your body even better than any gym in the world, plus you will get extra weight no doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back