How to change my mindset?

I am in desperate need of a lifestyle change and I've realized that its how I think thats holding me back. I have a very lazy unmotivated, procrastinating mind set and I'm sick and tired of my brain.
What can I do to make excercise something that I want and need to do to stay happy?

Hey!
A lot of the time we tend to make these things way too big in our mind. Making a whole "lifestyle change" sounds a lot of work and that alone can put you off even starting!!
Try just changing/doing one simple thing, then build from there.
Hope that helps, best of luck!

I agree with Coach Carl. Making small 'consistent' changes is far more important than making massive, life-altering changes which can't be maintained (in the initial stages of getting active at least).

One thing I find with a lot of my clients as well as the students I teach at university, is that they start what a 'generic' workout or program online. Then when they aren't able to complete all the activities outlined they begin to get discouraged (which is never a good thing when it comes to exercise).

For beginners, I think it's best to set exercise goals/plans that border on too easy (just to begin with), so that you're able to complete all of your targets which is far more motivating than falling short all the time...Start like this, and once you have 'the bug' you can start pushing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back