How long do you go on the NordicTrack?

I'm wondering how long all you NordicTrack ski machiners go during your workout.... Right now I'm at 20 to 25 minutes doing arms and legs for all but the first and last minute. I'm working myself up to get to where I was which was 30 to 35 minutes.. Am I going for too long or not long enough. What do you guys think?

30 minutes on the Nordictrack is a good workout. Are you looking for a cardio workout or are you training for skiiing? If training for cross-country skiing, you need to go longer, but boredom (for me anyways) is a big issue with the Nordictracks.

Thanks for the reply g8r80! 30 minutes is what I'm working toward. I'm at 25 mins right now and gradually increasing each week.
Also, do you mean to do arms and legs for the 30 minutes or just legs for part? My idea is that I should be able to do arms and legs for all but the first and last minute. What do you think?
Not to worry about boredom here..I have a very high threshold! LOL

I'm wondering how long all you NordicTrack ski machiners go during your workout.... Right now I'm at 20 to 25 minutes doing arms and legs for all but the first and last minute. I'm working myself up to get to where I was which was 30 to 35 minutes.. Am I going for too long or not long enough. What do you guys think?

It's based on your own fitness level and weight loss goals. I usually work out 45 minutes once or twice a day - but I also sell these machines and working on on each and every unit before it ships is my job. You will always get more weight loss as you go beyond 20 minutes as you have your heart rate and stride going into your second or third wind per-se.

The tension is also going to come into play as well as the level of incline in the number of minutes in your workout (and your skier should have virtually unlimited tension).

Runners love my skiers and especially working out on an incline because that 'keeps them ski-running' faster while working out against gravity (more tension is needed when working on on an incline to keep your equilibrium of course) . The full-body workout is also an added plus ! Most of the NordicTrack performance monitors also have heart rate modules which tell you how you are doing and helpful in balancing out age and desire --- and maybe even telling you when to stop.

NordicFitnessTrack.

Back