Weight-Loss How do I help my brother gain enough weight?

Weight-Loss

zoey92

My brother is so skinny. He is 20 years old already and he should be on the proper weight now. While reading something from an international dating blog, I saw cases about being skinny where they are more prone to diseases. I don’t want this to happen to my brother. Guys, you need to help me. How do I help my brother gain enough weight? I will really appreciate your responses y’all!

Hi and welcome,
It sounds like your brother just needs to bulk up a bit. You haven't given much info on his nutrition or exercise but a strength training regime and upping his intake (of healthy food) would be a good start. if he's skinny then the only way to change his shape is to increase muscle mass and increase food. And I wouldn't worry about blogs generalising about thin people being prone to disease, there's a whole load of factors that come into play there

My brother is so skinny. He is 20 years old already and he should be on the proper weight now. While reading something from an international dating blog, I saw cases about being skinny where they are more prone to diseases. I don’t want this to happen to my brother. Guys, you need to help me. How do I help my brother gain enough weight? I will really appreciate your responses y’all!

It is my dream to be like your brother. I am struggling every day to lose weight. A few people never worry about it. Anyways, I think the solution for your brother is to weightlifting. Weightlifting increases his muscle mass, thus increases his weight. Encourage him to start with lightweight then slowly increase the weight. He will look very different in 3 months with only 5 pounds of muscle mass gain.

I would not worry about his diet so much. He is already a skinny guy. Just let him enjoy whatever he wants to eat. When his body changes, he will crave more food.

Also, don't worry about those blogs. I went to Philipines last month. The kids over there are skinny. But they are very healthy. They don't get sick often.

Hi and Welcome, I want to tell you that English is not my native language, so I need you to try to understand what I will tell you.
It seems like your brother's body type is Actomorph, first he needs to go to the gym, then you must know that a slim person already has a high burn rate because his activity rate is not high. But the real reason for not gaining weight is his low appetite. And his lack of obsession and constant thinking in food like us. Of course there are other physiological reasons, but less important than his high activity and low appetite.

You may see him eat a great dinner and wonder why his weight does not increase with this food. This is because either I ate it a little rest of the day, or would be eating it a little the next day. So that the amount of food a few throughout the week. He does not eat large amounts because he is not obsessed with food.

On the other side there are obese people who say that their weight increases with less food. They may eat small amounts of food in the main meals already. But they eat large amounts of foods like couscous, and possibly huge amounts of food in the Wick.

Previous recommendations suggest that the Actomorph or thin person is beneficial to high-carb diet. This is a valid recommendation. A slim person to increase weight should increase the amount of calories they eat. The optimal to be an increase of carbohydrates, not fat or protein.

the amount of protein (25% of calories) unnecessarily high. What I would recommend is that a slim person takes 2 or 1.8 grams of protein per kg of body weight without fat and 0.75 grams of fat per kg of body weight without fat. The rest of the calories come from carbohydrates.

Last but not least "NO PAIN NO GAINE" and "WILL is the key to change"

Here is an example

Thank u for reading
maxresdefault.jpg

Zoey, some info like weight height what he eats or a photo will help a lot.
Otherwise the answer is generally simple-lifting heavy weights without getting overtrained, lots of calories and nutrients plus rest.

If you want to gain weight faster eat dried fruits twice or thrice a day as it is high in calories and helps you to gain weight very quickly. Inspite, of this, Rice is also considered a good source of weight gaining. 1 cup of cooked rice provides you 190 calories, 43 gram of carbs and very little fat. You can added this into your daily meal.

My brother is so skinny. He is 20 years old ...
at 20 years old, i was 6' 165 lbs. i wouldn't say skinny... i would say lean. i had been playing soccer in the fall, little league baseball in the summer and lake hockey during the winter for the past 8-9 years at that point and probably in the best shape of my life. unless you can present some real numbers, it would be ludicrous to suggest anything to you, or for that matter what you should suggest to your brother that he need change anything about his appearance.

Guys, you need to help me. How do I help my brother gain enough weight?

If this is something your brother wants to do, I'd recommend he come to the site.

Back