How crucial is exercising while trying to lose weight?

AngusDalemon

I eat ~1200 calories each day and have been getting my 10,000 steps in each day for the last few weeks. But I am finding myself just wanting to take some time off from exercise to, well, be kind of lazy. I know I should push myself more, though. How important is exercise while trying to lose weight? Is it something that has to be done or is CICO the end all?

1200 calories sounds like a very low calorie amount - unless you are coming from a particularly low weight already.

Be wary of setting too low a calorie target - it can make life a lot tougher in the long run.

I definitely feel less motivated to exercise when I'm not eating enough calories - that's just the body trying to conserve energy. It's completely possible to lose weight without exercise of course, but especially when you're on a very low calorie diet less strength training means you'll lose more (active, energy-burning!) muscle mass.

I eat ~1200 calories each day and have been getting my 10,000 steps in each day for the last few weeks. But I am finding myself just wanting to take some time off from exercise to, well, be kind of lazy. I know I should push myself more, though. How important is exercise while trying to lose weight? Is it something that has to be done or is CICO the end all?

It's fine if you take a break. Exercise is just one part of losing weight. Diet is one big factor as well. Sleep could slso help you lose weight link removed

I would say that just pace yourself whatever your lifestyle right now is. If you have more time to exercise, then do it. If not, do some diet to compensate for that. Weight loss isn't just about exercise. It's a lifestyle and shouldn't hinder whatever you do in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderate Exercise with proper diet is crucial..diet will play an important role. So i think proper diet is important.

Back