Home Exercises to Lose Weight Quickly - 5 Tips

hamza25

Exercise is an important part of any weight loss regimen. But with busy schedules, we all want to know which exercises will help us lose the most weight quickly.
Broadly, there are two types of exercises: aerobic and strength training (or anaerobic), and each one contributes differently to weight loss. Aerobic exercise burns fat calories while you are engaged in the exercise itself. On the other hand, strength training primarily contributes to weight loss by helping to increase the speed of your resting metabolic rate (RMR), which is the number of calories your body burns while you are at rest. Your RMR actually increases (i.e., burns more calories) the more muscular your body is because it takes much more energy to maintain muscles than it does to maintain fat.

Important note: remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so some strength training exercises will make you healthier and more attractive while not necessarily contributing to weight loss. But, muscles are a "good" kind of weight and you should aim to build more muscle in order to help keep body fat at bay.
Here are 5 tips for exercises - both aerobic and strength training - you can do at home to lose weight quickly.

Tip #1: Squats: Your buttocks and leg muscles are the largest muscles in your body. Every day in front of the mirror, put your feet at shoulder width while facing forward and squat down-and-up 10-20 times for 2 or 3 sets. This will build your leg and buttock muscles. As you build up strength, try holding 2 or 5 pound dumbbells in your hands while you work out. Be sure to warm up first, and stop if you notice any sharp pain in your knees.

Tip #2: Pushups: Pushups are a form of strength training: during a pushup your arms have to support up to 70% of your body weight. Do 2 or 3 sets of 20 pushups to build arm strength and increase your RMR.

Tip #3: Jumping jacks: Jumping jacks are an excellent whole-body aerobic workout you can do right at home. Do 4 or 5 sets of 20 jumping jacks, or as needed. Hint: if you live in an apartment or stay in a second-story bedroom, be considerate of your neighbors by going outside or doing these in a first story room.

Tip #4: Fast walking: While walking is in itself a great aerobic exercise, fast walking is even better for burning fat. Make sure you really stretch first and warm up with regular walking. Once you start your faster walking pace, try to maintain as much speed as possible for as long as you can. If you get tired, try doing intervals of fast walking followed by short periods of slower walking.

Tip #5: Stepping: Stepping is a great way to get your heart beating and to burn calories. You can use your stairs at home, but for best results I suggest buying specialized stackable step mats and stack them up to at least 15 inches (38 cm). Do 2 to 3 sets of 20 steps each to begin. Even though you may not feel like the stepping is helping, it is! This exercise will not only help you lose weight but will also help shape up your buttocks and legs.

An important element in a strategy to lose weight quickly at home is to do a combination of exercises that build muscles (strength training) while burning fat (aerobic exercises). Start a regimen of most or all of these exercises 2-3 days/week and watch the unhealthy fat melt away.

Last edited by a moderator:
best 10 Fast Weight Loss Exercises

So you want to lose a few pounds and get in shape pretty fast. I assume you've got a diet plan in order and are searching for some fast weight loss exercises to speed up the fat burning process, and get you down to your goal weight as soon as possible.

In this article I will share with you three of the best exercises I know for rapid weight loss. Of course there are many to choose from, but for me, these rank at the top for burning calories and defining muscle.

bEST WEIGHT LOSS EXERCISES:

Here’s a run down of the some of the best weight loss exercises. Click here to calculate how many calories you will burn based on your body weight and exercise duration.
1. Running

Running (treadmill or outdoors) - the best weight loss exercise. Running is one of the most efficient methods of burning calories. For every mile you run, you burn approx. 100 calories. Highest calorie burn and cheap as chips. All you need is a pair of quality running shoes. Plus, if you stick with it, you’ll get hooked, making weight loss and weight maintenance easy. Check out a beginners running plan and how to run to get started.
2. Elliptical Trainer

If you can’t run this is an awesome piece of machinery. The elliptical trainer combines the cardio of running with resistance and it is low impact. Another positive is that burning the equivalent amount of calories as running feels easier on the elliptical. Great weight loss exercise. Compare the elliptical trainer with the treadmill.

3. Cross-Country Skiing

Cross-country skiing (machine or outdoors) is a fantastic endurance sport, calling on every major muscle group. Again it is a combination of resistance and cardio exercise. If you’ve got snow I suggest you ski.
4. Rowing

Cardio and resistance training in one fierce calorie-burning workout lasting between 20 and 40 minutes. Best used for interval training. Just make sure most of your power driving the stroke comes from large muscle of the thighs – not the upper body (a common mistake).
5. Step Aerobics

Step Aerobics targets legs, hips and glutes. It is an intense calorie-burning exercise. Calories burned during this weight loss exercise depends on speed and step height.
6. Bicycling

Bicycling (stationary or outdoors) targets thighs and calf muscles. Effectiveness for weight loss depends on speed and resistance/ incline. However, pear-shaped women beware of high resistance, as this will increase muscle mass in your thighs and exacerbate your problem area.
7. Swimming

Swimming – excellent full-body weight loss exercise. Water supports the body. Thus, less stress is placed on joints – low-impact. Brilliant for those with injuries.
8. Jumping Rope

Jumping rope is a seriously simple, but effective weight loss exercise. Ten minutes of jumping rope burns the rough equivalent of running an eight-minute mile. This weight loss exercise also improves cardiovascular endurance, coordination and agility.
9. Racquetball/ Squash

The high-intensity makes racquetball a great weight loss exercise.
10. Rock Climbing

Rock climbing is a weight loss exercise that combines cardiovascular exercise with resistance training. This weight loss exercise burns A LOT of calories, esp. on the way up.
If you are serious about losing weight and are going to invest your time in exercising, do your best. Push yourself – everyday. Too often, one spots people “working-out” at the gym, but who are mostly in conversation with someone (sometimes even on the phone!), concentrating on television screens more than their work out, seem completely unfocused and are not even sweating. To do it right you must focus on the exercise you are doing and constantly push yourself harder, increasing the level of difficulty as you get more fit. If you did level 7 on the elliptical cross-trainer last week and found it easier, your body is not working as hard and you are burning less calories. Weight loss stops. Thus, increase the cross-trainer to level 8 this week. Never stand still. There is nothing permanent except change

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying that there is a "best exercise to burning fat" is inaccurate and out of context. As always, there are factors that must be taken into account, and it depends on the person's current state.

We have to consider the person current aerobic capability, the current weight of the person, his schedule, if he has or had any injury or lesion, the intensity of the activity, the impact it will have on the joints, the risk of injury it may present, etc, etc.

I could say: "burpees (jump plus a push up, then repeat) are the best* exercise to burn calories" or, as you said "running is the best* weight loss exercise". For a very obese person, this is not true and not the way to do things. Doing this two things would be very tiresome, he can also hurt himself due to the stress he just put on the joints. What if hes injured and he can't jump or run? that wouldn't fit as the "best" way.

There is NOT such thing as the "best" way of doing things. It may be the "best" for some, and we need to make that distinction, but not for all.
Best:
"most advantageous, suitable, or desirable"

Having said that, I believe that a good way to exercise, is doing something that WILL NOT hurt you, that you enjoy doing, that fits your schedule and moves you toward your goal. My favorite exercise is called "The table push", it's easy, can be done in less than a minute and can be done everywhere. "After you've eaten enough to be satisfied (not stuffed), place your hands on the table and, in one smooth movement, push yourself far enough away that you can no longer reach your plate." :sifone:

Hi
Here i have to share 5 tips to lose weight quickly.

Tip #1: Squats: Your buttocks and leg muscles are the largest muscles in your body. Every day in front of the mirror, put your feet at shoulder width while facing forward and squat down-and-up 10-20 times for 2 or 3 sets. This will build your leg and buttock muscles. As you build up strength, try holding 2 or 5 pound dumbbells in your hands while you work out. Be sure to warm up first, and stop if you notice any sharp pain in your knees.

Tip #2: Pushups: Pushups are a form of strength training: during a pushup your arms have to support up to 70% of your body weight. Do 2 or 3 sets of 20 pushups to build arm strength and increase your RMR.

Tip #3: Jumping jacks: Jumping jacks are an excellent whole-body aerobic workout you can do right at home. Do 4 or 5 sets of 20 jumping jacks, or as needed. Hint: if you live in an apartment or stay in a second-story bedroom, be considerate of your neighbors by going outside or doing these in a first story room.

Tip #4: Fast walking: While walking is in itself a great aerobic exercise, fast walking is even better for burning fat. Make sure you really stretch first and warm up with regular walking. Once you start your faster walking pace, try to maintain as much speed as possible for as long as you can. If you get tired, try doing intervals of fast walking followed by short periods of slower walking.

Tip #5: Stepping: Stepping is a great way to get your heart beating and to burn calories. You can use your stairs at home, but for best results I suggest buying specialized stackable step mats and stack them up to at least 15 inches (38 cm). Do 2 to 3 sets of 20 steps each to begin. Even though you may not feel like the stepping is helping, it is! This exercise will not only help you lose weight but will also help shape up your buttocks and legs.

They are millions of people trying to keep their selves healthy and fit. You should keep an eye on what workout is going to give result for you according to your need

If you wish to lose weight then you should do it the way an athlete does it, and that is to reduce your calorie count without compromising on nutrition, and always adapting the healthy approach to weight loss.

Exercises At Home: 10 Ways To Lose Weight Without Equipment

1)Squats:
Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower your hips (almost like you're sitting in a chair). As you bend your knees, your thighs will be parallel with the floor, says exercise physiologist Andrea Doepker-Gavidia of Train For Life Fitness & Lifestyle Consulting in Saskatoon. Ensure your knees don’t go beyond your toes and keep your chest up and look straight ahead. Stand back up to start position and repeat.

2)Triceps Push-Ups:
Place your hands on the floor and keep them under your shoulders. Holding your body straight, bend your elbows close to you body. Lower your chest between your hands and push back up into the starting position. If you're having trouble completing a push-up, place your knees on the floor to make things easier. For intensity, raise your feet up onto stairs or an elevated surface to increase the difficulty.

3)Skaters/Leaps:
To start, get into a semi-squat position and leap sideways to land on your right foot. Immediately push off in the opposite direction and land on your left foot. Make sure you perform these skaters continuously.

4)Plank Crawl:
Pace yourself for this one. We recommend giving yourself a goal of 15 to 20 crawls. Begin this move in a push-up position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Lower yourself down one arm at a time into a plank position on your forearms, while keeping your elbows directly under your shoulders. Push back up one arm at a time into your starting push-up position. Alternate the arm you lead with and maintain a straight body throughout the movement. Lower your knees to the floor to decrease the difficulty level.

5)Walking Lunge:
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and place your arms to the side. Step forward with your right foot and lower your left knee towards the floor. Your knees should bend about 90 degrees. Ensure your right knee stays over your right ankle and don't let your knee go past your toes. Step up to balance on your right foot and switch feet.

6)Single Leg Balance Stick:
Balance on your right foot with your left foot behind you. Lean forward, keeping a straight body position and lift your left heel towards the ceiling. Maintain a slight bend in your standing knee so you don’t lock your knee. If you're having trouble balancing, focus on something in front of you or hold your back leg for initial support (pictured here).

7)Bird Dog:
Begin on all fours (downward dog), ensuring your hands are directly under your shoulders and your knees are directly under your hips. Slowly extend your right leg behind you and reach your right arm forward into a straight line. Hold your balance without arching your back. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.

8)Side Plank Hip Drops:
Begin by lying on your right side with your right elbow directly lined under your shoulder. Keeping your feet on the floor, lift your hips off the floor and support your body with your forearm. Hold for three seconds and slowly lower your right hip onto the floor and repeat.

9)Bridge:
Lay on your back with your arms by your sides. Bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor. Maintaining a straight back, raise your hips up to a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Hold for three seconds and lower your hips slowly back to the floor and repeat.

10)
Superman Back Extension:
Lay on your stomach and reach your arms forward (like you're flying). Gently raise your legs and upper body off the floor while keeping your head straight. Pause for three seconds and repeat.

This is a good slide-show with 15 bodyweight exercises you can do at home.

I didn't know most of these moves so I found it pretty useful. You can probably mix some of them and get a good cardio workout.

I have found that picking an activity I like will me more successful. Just because one exercise is perceived as the 'best' does not mean that it is best for you. If you hate running, then don't run. Find something you like and do that.

^exactly. do what you like to do, i love swimming, is it better / worst than running or cycling? no, because when you enjoy doing something - you ACTUALLY do it. you can read here about common workouts and exercises, just pick what you like and stick to it.

I love to use push up, yoga and Squats. As these three is very affordable for everybody and it requires small space to be done

Below are not home exercises but my tips on how to speed up metabolism and lose body fat fast! :) But, first let me tell you that it really includes eating in moderation, cardio and weight lifting exercises.

1. Run - start with a 30 minutes run then gradually increase the pace.

2. When you do cardio exercises, make it as fast as you can. The more your heart rate speeds up the greater your metabolism rate go fast.

3. Avoid consecutive days of rest. Make it just a day of rest then go back to your exercises again. Do 3-4 days then take a rest day then go back again to workout 3-4 days. Also, do weight lifting in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. But be reminded that if you do one move after another (weight lifting followed by cardio) without pausing, you'll see more gains.

4. Eating spicy foods like cayenne and pepper also helps in losing fats.

5. Lift your dumbbells slowly. Because the more muscle you build the more you achieve a mega metabolism boost!

6. Get into sports.

7. Stay in shape. Fit people have more fat-burning metabolites in their blood than couch potatoes do.

8. Have a cup of green tea, 3 times a day!

9. Get a good night sleep of at least 6-8 hours.

7. If possible, DO NOT DRINK.

8. Eat a smaller dinner. There's a saying to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a peasant and eat dinner like a beggar.

9. Do a 10 minutes workout, minutes after you woke up, before you get yourself some coffee.

See, we didn't even get to 10! That's a few. But will definitely boost metabolism to get rid of those fats.... RIGHT. AWAY. Please let me know when you have read this and what you think about it? Hope it helps. :)

For more, you may find this blog interesting:

I would really add a burpee to the list. Damn thing leaves me sweating by the time I count 5! I usually prefer the mix of move and stat. So there is push ups followed by the bridge. with 10 seconds break in between. 10 sets , 3 reps. Then a squat followed by static squat same reps. Crunches followed by the boat. By the time i am done with those i think its tata!

First and foremost thing, people should never focus on losing weight quickly. Because fat will return sooner if you have used FASTER ways to get rid of the fat. Junk food and sugary drinks are the two most common reasons of fat accumulation. After that, lazy lifestyle.

I would really add a burpee to the list. Damn thing leaves me sweating by the time I count 5! I usually prefer the mix of move and stat. So there is push ups followed by the bridge. with 10 seconds break in between. 10 sets , 3 reps. Then a squat followed by static squat same reps. Crunches followed by the boat. By the time i am done with those i think its tata!
Agreed - burpees are so hard!! But I always do them anyway :)

I agree that home exercises can lose weight like walking. Although, getting fit does not rely only in doing some exercises. I think, we should also cut on eating fatty foods, sweets , junk foods and soda.

Last edited:
Back