Hippogal's Diary (comments pls)

Hi guys I've been here before but I gained back some weight and I haven't even reached my goal. As of:

November 20, 2005 - 150 lbs

My diet plan for tomorrow is:

Breakfast = 1 poached egg and 1 slc toast
Snack = 1 cup strawberries
Lunch = Chicken sandwich
Dinner = Berry smoothie

My everyday exercise is:

Minimum of 30 mins cardio - mostly walking or HIIT

and

30 sit ups
50 crunches

3 sets:
30 side leg raises each side
20 overhead arm raise
10 lateral raise

MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 120 LBS! so hopefully i reach that sooN!! :)

That is not enough food.

You don't wanna work the same muscle group two days in a row, and you would benefit much more from a full body routine preferably with free weights. Doing situps and crunches will do absolutely nothing to shrink your tummy, its a common misconception.

I was reading through the forums.. and I got jealous of those who lost weight so I'm like.. what the hell? AND I WENT FOR A 30 minute JOG! :D im sooo happy

I'd like to see ~80 grams of protein added to your diet. ~100 grams of carbs total and 50 grams of fat.

Spread this over 5 meals of the day.

Acquire some dbs if you can.

good luck, with determination you can do anything, if you want it bad enough. kick it hippogal you'll do it ;)

Lets see. I will recommend in the range of 1900-2200cals. per day. Stay above 1500 for sure. Evo., isn't it carbsX4, proteinX4, and fatX9 for calories. That would come out to 320+400+450=1170cals. + 200cals. protein. :confused:

and I like your ticker.. : ).

hi tehre! I think 1900 calories would be too high for weight loss dont you think? I'm currently doing this for my diet plan..

1100-1200 calories is my target everyday? (im not sure if thats too low whatever)

Breakfast (200 calories each meal)

1. special K bfast (1 cup special K, 1 cup soy/super trim milk)

or

berry smoothie

or

banana smoothie (see recipe)

or
2 slc toast with butter and tea/black coffee
or

2 boiled eggs and 1 cup tuna in brine (drained)

Lunch (400 calories each)

Pick any of the ff below + side for lunch

Chicken melt (1/4 chicken breast shredded, cheese, 2 slc toast)
or
Chicken Sandwich (recipe)

PLUS sides for lunch (75 calories):

i. Banana
ii. 2 apples
iii. 1 cup strawberries
iv. 2 oranges
v. low fat yogurt (small tub)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTERNOON SNACK (100 calories)
fruits, yogurt, nuts whatever

Dinner (400 calories)

1. Lean Cuisine Meals or Weight Watcher meals (microwave)
2. Chicken Salad (see recipe)
3. Chicken or tofu kebab
(125g chicken breast diced OR 180g tofu--- marinated in low fat yogurt mixed with 1 tsp curry powder. Grill on sticks and serve with 1 tbsp mango chutney salad and 30g couscous)
4. 125g grilled steak served with 100g thick-cut oven chips, 100g peas and 2 tsp Dijon mustard
5. Berry Smoothie
6. Banana Smoothie

I went for a 20 minute jog/walk, BUT I've been really naughty eating the ff:

1)spicy chicken salad from denny's (around 800 calories)

2) 1 cup WHITE rice and pork cracklings, and fried mussels!!! :( ---(probably 800 calories too!!!!!!!!!!)

ok clean diet, the right amount of calories, cardio for weightloss first and weights to help firm up your bod. eating often during the day to keep the fires burning and not eating late at night. and stay way from junk foods. that means all junk foods not just candy etc . search out some of the threads on here about clean eating and check out links on portion control. your biggest meal should be lunch not supper. hmm i'm sure karl will be able to add to this and give more info..

thanks jenn :) really helped! :)

Okay guys.. should i be happy or not? I lost 10 lbs in 4 days.. but I'm sure it's just water weight?

Hey hippogal!

Sorry to burst your bubble but eating 1100-1200 calories is a 'yo-yo' diet. You will def. see results in the beginning as that is just a precusor to insufficient calories. As soon as you get of your eating plan or binge your body will store everything as fat because your metabolism is trudging along in low gear. Like I said you need a bare minimium of 1500calories a day just to function. You would need approximately 190 grams of carbohydrates, 50 grams of fat, and 75 grams of protein per day for a 1500 calorie per day diet. It seems like your basing EVERYTHING on the amount you weigh. You should try to get away from that and just focus on being toned and healthy. Its hard to comprehend but it is the better mindset.

Also, jenn lunch being your largest meal as opposed to dinner? If any meal should be largest it should be breakfast. Keeping them even is fine too!

Good luck with everything.

well some of us can't eat a big breakfast or it comes right back up. the point is that most ppl eat a huge dinner later in the evening and that is the wrong way to go about things. dinner should be a lighter meal. if you can eat a big breakfast then do it, if not make lunch the big one.

Back