HIIT done right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola2

So I read the pinned post about HIIT, and well, not only do I hate running but I always workout at home making it impossible.

I thought I was doing HIIT (I do high intensity bursts like burpees with rest in between), I feel crazy tired I-will-throw-up-and-die after an excercise, my heart is always crazy.

Is that not HIIT? If so, how can I better my routine without going outside.

So I read the pinned post about HIIT, and well, not only do I hate running but I always workout at home making it impossible.

I thought I was doing HIIT (I do high intensity bursts like burpees with rest in between), I feel crazy tired I-will-throw-up-and-die after an excercise, my heart is always crazy.

Is that not HIIT? If so, how can I better my routine without going outside.

The running is just a sample, most people do not get close to the required intensity for HIIT, also the rest should not be a complete stop, you should not feel completely recovered before doing the next round of high intensity.

The running is just a sample, most people do not get close to the required intensity for HIIT, also the rest should not be a complete stop, you should not feel completely recovered before doing the next round of high intensity.
What happens if the intensity is lower than should be on hit? Although I definitely feel I physically could not do it more intensively...

And I walk around the house slowly, I always feel if I stop or sit I will throw up or die... I always time myself in between and I never feel completly recovered, but I try to get to a point where I can do the whole 20-40 min. Of burpees which is like 40-60 secs usually

A HIIT session should usually last 15 minutes or even less, at the most 30 minutes if you are super fit.

A HIIT session should usually last 15 minutes or even less, at the most 30 minutes if you are super fit.
Oops yeah sorry, I meant second and not minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back