Hi UK peeps, lets help and support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jader

Hi, my name is Jade and I am 19 years old. Currently I've been feeling down about my weight. Although I have an amazing fiance who loves me how I am, I just don't like myself. I just keep getting bigger and bigger and it's wearing me down. I am 213 pounds and I am 5 foot 5 so should be like 9 stone or something. I'm here to listen/help/motivate other people and would also accept any good diet tips. What are the best drinks if not keen on water? What's better gym or free exercise like walking etc? Thanks guys. x

Hi Jade

I'm 25 and pretty new but I thought I'd answer your post and say hi! I'm about your weight too and I understand about the creepting up of the scale and poor eating habits but I have to say - weight shouldn't make you dislike yourself! I'm sure you are an amazing person - and I'm sure your fiancee thinks so too. So kick the weight, yeah, but also recognise that being worth something as a person is NOT about being skinny.

Anyway, on your diet questions
- if you can stomach fruit tea, that would probably be a good bet instead of water as most are calorie free.
- I think that whatever you find easiest to stick with is the best option for exercising. I know for myself that if I have to go to a gym, I'll faff about and end up not going, whereas jogging outside my own door is much harder to put off.

Hey, thank you very much for the advice :) I think Im gonna give fruit tea a try! Yeah, I think i need to find something that I enjoy too because gym to me is torture lol. Yeah, sounds good, good luck!! How much you hoping to lose?

Hi Jader - how is it all going still? I'm looking to go down to about 150, though I will see how I feel when I get there.

How is the weight loss going?

I drink sugar free diluting juice when i'm not feeling like water, I dilute it down a lot as well. I find that easier to drink and get enough of than the teas.

I also buy cherryade or orangeade (the sugar free ones) and dilute them down with a lot of water, just enough to keep a little bit of flavour. And for hot drinks, green tea is great, it's cheap enough and comes in all sorts of flavours. :)

hi there im a newbie on forums and are hoping to meet members to share tips/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back