Hey

I'm rick james, and i play basketball!

We changed that here in The D.
"I'm Mike James...."

Anyway, how bout those Pistons smackin the Pacers last night? I will be cheering loud tomorrow night at the game as Indy enters the Department of Defense which is run by Ben Wallace aka Sec of Defense.

Any Indy fans out there?
Or
Any Western Conference band-wagon jumpers care to discuss the finer points of how the Lakers should have gotten smoked by the Spurs?

Denver has two of my favorite NBA players. Earl Boykins is great for 5'6" or what ever he is. I actually had class with him at Eastern Michigan Univ.

Jon Barry was my favorite Piston, next to Big Ben, last year. I'm very upset he was traded.

You are very welcome we passed on 'Mello to draft Darko. He has been great for us......NO HE HASN'T. Man do I wish we had that selection back.

Just got home from the 'Stones game. It may be ugly baskeball for all you Western Conf. fans but damn it's great to win.

Bring on the Lakers. This is the series I can't wait to watch.

Stones?
Det should've got Mello, but.....we needed big guys for Defense. Had we known we would've gotten Rasheed later, Mello would've been ours. Could you imagine that? An offensive Detroit? Haha....

"Stones" is kind of a Detroit slang term used for the Pistons.

I have mixed feelings about the Mello/Darko selection decision. Joe D was recently interviewed and made great points in defense of his decision to select the 17yr old. First he mentioned the need to draft for the future which both would have done but we didn't need an impact player for today. He also mentioned the similarity of this situation to that of Jermaine Oneal when he was first drafted. He was quickly traded and now look at the type of player he has become. He was 3rd in league MVP voting.

My point is that we should give young Darko time to develop. I have complete confidence in Dumars' ability to select the best player for the team. He did take a bit of a chance with Sheed and look how that's worked out. I have heard that Darko can do amazing things with the basketball in practice. I'm sure this kids future is going to be great. I hope he gets his game in order so we can finally get rid of Tayshaun. I don't like his game at all. Sure I loved him for about 2 minutes after he block Reggie in game 2 but that didn't last.
wow - long post.

Well, I've got my Big Ben Wallace jersey on in prep for tonights game. I will be there again.

GO PISTON!!!

"...Detroit Party don't stop!!!"

I guess a lot of people have lost interest in the NBA since no one ever posts here.

My Pistons are going back to the Finals!!! Of course I was at the game again to join in the celebration.

I'm interested to hear the haters tell me how Shaq-Diesel and Kobe will dismantle the 'Stones. Then I'll tell you how I think the Pistons can win it all.

DM

Back