Here We Go Again

TimPR

Hey everybody!

Haven't been on this forum in a very long time, but I need help, so I thought I would make my return!
So I have gained a crazy amount of weight since the last time I was on here. I was so focused on getting my trucking license recently, and the good news is I got it! Bad news is I was so stressed waiting for my exam that I packed on a bunch of pounds. But it's not just stress that gets to me, I have a major problem with eating while I'm bored, and it's always one of the big downfalls every time I attempt a diet.

I'm ready to change. I've been big all my life, and most of the time it never really effected me, but lately I notice it starting to effect my way of life. I have no energy, I don't feel like doing anything, and overall I'm just really disappointed with myself.

Currently I am 21yrs old, 5ft8in, and weigh 360LBS. I know, it's bad, I'm young and I need to take better care of myself, I got a kid I need to be there for, and I feel if I don't start to do something now, it's gonna cost me.

I'm asking for help, motivation, or just kind words. I remember this forum for have one of the best and most helpful communities out there, happy to be back.

My journey starts here.

-Tim

Hi, Tim & welcome back. Congratulations on getting your truck licence.
I just went back & read your earlier entries. The last time you were here you sounded so motivated & were losing weight & it's time to get that motivation back. You can do it. We will certainly help. You have youth on your side & you have a child that you want to have a healthy future for & to be a good example to.
Let us know how you plan on losing weight. Will you count calories? What do you have now that you feel you should cut out or down? Do you walk or do any exercise? Walking is a great start. I love walking. If I am worried about something before I go for a walk I soon forget about my worries while I'm out.
Can't wait to watch your progress. Stick with us & don't hide when you have a bad day. We don't judge. We are here to support one another.

Welcome back, Tim! The past is done, no way to change it, but what you do today can change the future.

Currently I am 21yrs old, 5ft8in, and weigh 360LBS. I know, it's bad, I'm young and I need to take better care of myself, I got a kid I need to be there for, and I feel if I don't start to do something now, it's gonna cost me.

Welcome back, Tim! It is not hopeless, far from it.

Interesting thing is that I also like to eat while I'm bored and am currently trying to get away from this. I'm trying to change my beliefs and with that my habits, which helped a bit in stifling the urge, I think. My stomach adjusting to the current diet may also play a role though in not feeling as hungry. If you are interested in the beliefs thing maybe read the post in my diary, I don't want to spam it here.

Best try to find your own beliefs to fix the issue, I'm trying to do that by writing what my current understanding is, but its different for everyone. Reading other diaries helps me understand and not feel as alone, too.

Apart from solving the boring-issue, what's your plan? Even if you don't have a plan, thats okay too. One step at time, do what is good for you. We don't judge as Cate said.

Last edited:
Back