here help on where to go from here to make my goals

this my most recent pic. im trying to get to at least 160lbs with a low bf to show abs. i work out everyday with either cardio and resistance workouts. i feel like im its taking very slow to gain weight. some months i dont gain and others i lose. i was leaner about 6months ago, and i weight 135lbs. when i get to 140 i start to pack on fat.

im 140lbs at 12%bf. started at 127lbs at 14%bf

so my question is, how do i continue to gain weight without fat (if thats possible). should i try to get lean again and and try and keep the muscle, then bulk up again, or continue eating over my maintance to keep gaining weight (fat will also come im sure).View attachment 4960

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 117
give yourself some breaks; think about your meals; lots of healthy choices if possible; less sugar, maybe protein; have fun and good luck; you seem to be off to a routine;
Jeff

i try to eat as healthy as a 23year old lol if i go out and eat i try and make the best decision i can. i cook meals at home and learning every day more and more about nutrition. i take protein shakes at least 2 a day. cardio is only like 20 -30mins long doing things like HIIT for 3 days. and resistance is 3 day splits. 1 day off. i do take a week off when i feel like i need 1.

what u mean by "you seem to be off to a routine"?

thx for the reply. i guess im getting alittle frustrated that the scale wont move after 140lbs, and i dont know where to go.

another question is. whats the proper way to get big? some people say eat way over maintenance to gain weight (u will get gain some fat) then cut. the problem is when u cut u also lose muscle.
then
other say - get below 10%bf then eat slightly above maintenance to gain muscle. that way il will have abs when im gaining muscle.

problem is i haven't been able to get below 12%. then when i try to bulk up, i feel fat cuz the first place it goes in in my midsection.

just alittle confused as what to do. i like my workout routine, its fun and keeps me going. if i wasn't for this i would of gave up already.

I know it can be a pain, but could you post up a diet in the form of something like

7:30 Protein shake, 80g oats, 2 egg whites.
10:00 Chicken Sandwhich.... etc.

Throughout the day including an example time you workout with any pre-workout food/shakes and post workout shakes or food.

I know you're 140lbs, how tall if you don't mind me asking? it's not gonna make much difference, just wondering to be honest.

I know it can be a pain, but could you post up a diet in the form of something like

Throughout the day including an example time you workout with any pre-workout food/shakes and post workout shakes or food.

I know you're 140lbs, how tall if you don't mind me asking? it's not gonna make much difference, just wondering to be honest.

hi. im 5'10
diet looks like this.

breakfast 8am
2 eggs large
2 slice wheat bread
1 kraft singles cheese
1/2 cup oats
8z cup milk.

snack 10am
whey protein 1 scoop 25g
1 banana

lunch 12pm
8oz chicken breast
1 cup beans

snack again 3pm
apple
cheese stick

workout!!!! 6pm

post workout 7pm
8oz choco milk
1 scoop whey protein

dinner 8pm
4oz tuna in water
celery stick
1tbs mayo
tomato small
1 wheat bread
night time snack, sometimes
1/2 cottage cheese

thats just an example. breakfast and snacks are usually the same.

hi. im 5'10
diet looks like this.

breakfast 8am
2 eggs large
2 slice wheat bread
1 kraft singles cheese
1/2 cup oats
8z cup milk.

snack 10am
whey protein 1 scoop 25g
1 banana

lunch 12pm
8oz chicken breast
1 cup beans

snack again 3pm
apple
cheese stick

workout!!!! 6pm

post workout 7pm
8oz choco milk
1 scoop whey protein

dinner 8pm
4oz tuna in water
celery stick
1tbs mayo
tomato small
1 wheat bread
night time snack, sometimes
1/2 cottage cheese

thats just an example. breakfast and snacks are usually the same.

Try Paleo.

Back