Help with understanding difference between BMR and TEE.

Rachierach33

Hi! New member here. I apologize if this is the wrong place but I was hoping someone could educate me on the difference between BMR and TEE? I recently had a body fat analysis done at the gym and it said I was 23.5% body fat and that my BMR calories was 1709 and my TEE calories were 2631. I've been doing a lot of resistance training but I still have 40 lbs to lose and am trying to figure out what I should be calculating my calorie deficit off of. My counter/fitness apps say between cardio and weight training that I am burning about 600 calories a day. Thank you so much in advance for any help or insight anyone could offer on what would be a good daily calorie target and if I should use BMR or TEE? Thanks!

BMR is the calories your body needs to maintain vital functions, TEE is the calories your body needs to fuel your bodies needs and your daily activity. If you are basing calories on an activity level above sedentary and also eating back your exercise calories in addition then you are likely to be over eating.

Back