Help with Exercise Routine

Korrie

Hi Guys..

SO I just joined the gym and I went through everything with a personal trainer.

The PLAN is go to two days on one day off. So about 4 days a week. (does that sound good?)

She wants me to do warmup stretches before I start. Then do upper body weigh lifting one day, lower body the next. Then 25 mins of cardio and always finish with stretching (she gave me a worksheet)

I feel like the paper she gave me is a little confusing and I'm afraid its going to be too much for me ( I can take some pain but not alot). I was really sore for a few days after just going through couple of lifts just to decide which weight is best. So I'm really worried the full routine will be too much...but given my husband was sick and I stayed home until his test came back negative...I haven't actually gone through the routine yet.

I'm trying to write it down in a journal so its easier for me to understand and keep track of progress. I want to have a "Day A Routine" and a "Day B Routine". However, the warm up stretching she has written down for me says to only do it twice a week...so if I'm coming in four days a week, what kind of warm up do I do on the opposite days? The warm up exercises she has me doing feels awkward...Is it because its new to me?

When do I do my core exercises? When I do my upper or lower body?

I've included the worksheet she gave me. Any help developing my "Day A" and "Day B" Routines will be much appreciated!!

Attachments

• 210118103637_0001.pdf
    558.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 210118103654_0001.pdf
    625.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This looks tough but achievable for a beginner, you will be sore for a couple of days each time you do this until you adapt.

for the warmup 2 days are on the bike, the other 2 days are on the treadmill or cybex, the bosu and medicine ball look to be everyday as part of warmup as well.

Stretching for cooldown is after every workout.

If I am reading this right I think your trainer wants you to do abs on your upper body days

if you are doing 2 day on one day off then

Day 1 - Upper
Day 2 - Lower
Rest
Repeat

however to begin with while your body adapts to the exercise

Day 1 - Upper
Day 2 - Lower
Rest
Rest
Repeat with the option to just do cardio on one of the rests days if your body is not to sore

Back