help me!~

hello my name is lisa. i am 21 years old, 6 feet tall and 265 lbs /: ive been "chunky" since about the age of 12. i never played sports growing up or did any exercise. bad right? i was always the last kid to finish it gym class. so basically ive never been in good shape. im not one of those people that could say they were once in good shape and knows how to get back. i need help. i dont have the slightest clue where to start. an idea of how bad it is? i cant run a block without being totally out of breath. i cant walk more than 2 flights of stairs without having to stop for a break. i dont necessarily need to be THIN. ive just never had the endurance or stamina and would one day like to know how it feels to be in decent shape. i know ppl that are way chunkier than me that could beat me in a race or outlift me. im fat but for my height im not a monsterous tub of blubber lol. ive done a bunch of diets and honestly i know how i should be eating, but to me i want to be in better physical shape. sure ide like to lose weight and im hoping that after going to the gym and getting results that way, my eating habbits will change as a result of a better attitude and new found pride. so i have a gym membership but i dont know where to start. i know, i know, start small and work up. but doing what? for how long? how intense should it be? when should i increase intensity? am i at more of a risk because i am so out of shape? what types of exercise would benefit me the most? ive just tried to jump start and get on the treadmill for an hour, but again, what resistance? ive cranked it up to work up a sweat but then i cant do it for more than 5 mins and its so unpleasant it makes me never want to go back. i just feel so unproductive when i walk briskly on a treadmill. its daunting, especially when i look over at some 60 year old whos been sprinting for 20 minutes!:sad2: well now that ive ranted im hoping that i can get a little help. if anything i need some motivation because that is hard to come by too. its not that i havent tried, ive just tried and failed so many times i figure i must be doing it wrong. my goal is to walk into a gym with a confident attitude and not like a timid weakling that looks like a deer in the headlights. ive been to some of these sights and a lot of it is ppl that are already in shape that like marathons, drink protein shakes and want to get up to benching like 200 more pounds or something crazy. im starting from scratch. and need a way to get healthy! help!

This is such an accurate statement. I got rid of any junk food in the house purposely so that I wouldn't eat it. I have been trying my best to stick to healthier foods such as the veggies and chicken. I recently had a baby and I am tring to loose the last ten pounds of my baby weight.

Hello Lisa.

I know what you mean by lack of motivation. I am no fitness expert but what has helped me is joining a Bootcamp with others that have similar weight loss goals. The fact that I have to be at the Bootcamp location three times a week at a certain time helps me to keep the flow of working out. Attending with a buddy or making new friends at the Bootcamp helps my motivation. I don't miss my workouts knowing that I must be there at a certain time and place. Unlike the gym the Bootcamp refrains from that freedom of attending the gym whenever you can or want to...hence the lack of motivation of actually getting there lol :D

Let me know if this helps.

Back