Help me become the best version of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoriacarpio

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post!
I'm an 18 y/o female that is 5'3 and I currently way 180 lbs. Awful! I am a nursing student that just started college and the last 6 months have been extremely difficult emotionally and it caused me to gain about 20 lbs! My average weight as has always been 160 lbs! Well now I need to do something, I have tried and failed several times, but this time I have a plan that I think will be very successful. Now here is where all you lovely people come in. I want to tell you what my plan is and I want feedback! Alright, here we go!

See I want to be about 140 lbs give or take so that involves me losing a good 40 lbs (OMG) I have a medium frame to start with so hopefully it works in my favor.

Regarding exercise I will burn at least 400 calories at the gym doing a mix of different cardio exercises 4 days a week as well as throwing in some weight training.
I also plan to count calories using my fitness pal, I am not sure exactly how many I should eat, but I am thinking 1400 calories a day, obviously eating back the calories I burn because I know that would be dangerous. I will lots of chicken, fruits, veggies, and I love sushi, soup, and salad, I call it the three S diet because at school it is all I ever really eat! I have already cut out sugary drinks and all I really drink now is water and tea.

Obviously I want this done as quickly as possible, but I know slow and steady is best. What do you guys think about this? If I stay pretty consistent how long could it take to achieve my goal safely? Is this a good plan to have? Ideally, I want to be at my goal by summer, so June, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Your help will be very much appreciated and I am very excited to go on this journey with all of you! Thanks in advanced for any advice!

~Vic

Hi, Vic & a late welcome to the forum. It's the silly season & most people are crazily busy. The forum was also down for a day or so. It sounds like you have a good plan. Slow & steady is best. Don't be put off by how much weight you would like to lose. Take it minute by minute, day by day. Keep making positive changes & you will get there. Like everything, you have to want to lose weight & be healthy, more than you want to eat something unhealthy. Not many of us come into this part of the forum. You will probably get more support if you copy your post into this thread- https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back