Help/advice on improving my body (pictures)

Hello everyone.

I've finally decided to get fit but need some help because I have no idea where to start! I'd like to lose the fat around my stomach and have a flat stomach, as well as have more defined arms and pecs. But I don't want to be really buff or anything.I'm 22, a full time student, work part time, volunteer at my church, and about to take on another course so I don't really have enough time or money for the gym. I'm looking for something to do at home/the park.

I just got back from my first attempt at exercise in ages. I ran laps of the oval, walked a few laps when I ran out of breathe, and then did push ups. I couldn't run for very long without getting tired out. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right things though or if I should do something else.

I eat a lot of carbs; stuff like pasta and rice.

The first two pictures are of me at the moment and the third is what I'd like to be.

Any help or suggestions you guys have would really be appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 5918View attachment 5919View attachment 5920

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 277
  • goal.jpg
    goal.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 229
Hey there...

Have you ever been involved in any sporting activities at all, do you play tennis or golf or like to swim or anything that is energy burning?... Do you own a bike?... these are some of the things that you want to try for a start so that you're more likely to stick with your exercise program. Find yourself an exercise buddy and keep each other motivated. If you like running then do it every 2nd or 3rd day and just continue on with the way you worked it last time. Jog/ walk until you can jog all the way, then set yourself small challenges... shaving a few seconds off of your best time, sprint up that little hill, etc. You must incorporate some strength training into your program also as running alone is not the way to your imagined body...

Back