Hello moms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatskinnymom

Hi fellow mommies! I am a mother of 3. A 8y.o a 7y.o. and a 18 month old. I was SO proud of myself to weigh in at 140lbs when my daughter was 5 months old (im 5'5), then when she turned a year I was at a wonderful 131lbs. But now im slowly going back up and its freaking me out! Im back at 140lbs =(
I have recently started walking and jogging. Which im very proud of. I was NEVER a runner, and I hated it. But its a surefire way to loose weight while dieting, and I am learning to LOVE it! Im glad I found this group for support and ideas!

I just had my 3rd child almost 10 months ago and I am so proud of my achievement of losing weight after giving birth. It is just not happening fast enough. I am not a runner either but I have read and people have told me that it is a quick and sure way of losing weight. I am looking to find an indoor track somewhere because it is way to cold for me to run outside now. I know that will help me lose more weight. I have a goal to reach by March and I know I have to do more. I workout on my elliptical machine at least 3 times a week but seem to be burning the same amount of calories so I need to switch it up! You have inspired me to really try and start running even if I start at a fast walk then increase slowly to running I know I can do it! Good luck to you on your journey I am sure you will meet your goal!!

So glad to hear that you're back on track, and you sound very positive and eager too about your own goals. Best of luck hun! x

Diva.....
I know how you feel. My husband realla taught me how to run! The main thing is to keep your steps SMALL. dont lift your legs off the ground to high and start SLOW untill your body gets used to ti! IT might feel funny in the beggining, but it is still a great workout and it will build up your muscles to go longer and harder later on! Good luck

best way to train your body to run is to :

walk the first 10minutes

then run 1 minute

walk 2 minutes

then run 1 minute

walk 2 minutes

run 2 minutes

walk 2 minutes

run 2 minutes

and so on till you hit 30 minutes.

doing that for a couple of weeks will teach you how to easily run a full 30 minutes with out walking.

thank u very much for your information
i am very glad to read that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back