Heavy Weighted Vests

Have you ever seen any heavy-ass weighted vests? The most I ever see have a max capacity of 40 lbs.

What is the heaviest available?

Pro Weighted go up to 120lbs.

Go up to 100lbs.

Last edited:
Is anything worth buying cheap nowadays?

I spend most of my money on athletic stuff. My work wardrobe needs a serious overhaul ... but the truth is, I really don't care what I look like when I'm at work. I'm certainly no fashion queen ... good thing my body can pull off cheap clothes :D

But I really care about getting good quality sports equipment.

it always feels so weird when you guys talk about me like I;m not here :sport:

no running with your vest GoochieGoo
if you insist, then please follow the rule- 50 miles for the first 5 lbs- run a full 50 miles before you go beyond 5 lbs added weight. AND you would be better with ankles first.

then... ACTUALLY- if you plan on using this to increase your run, let me know. I have some experience.

it always feels so weird when you guys talk about me like I;m not here :sport:

no running with your vest GoochieGoo
if you insist, then please follow the rule- 50 miles for the first 5 lbs- run a full 50 miles before you go beyond 5 lbs added weight. AND you would be better with ankles first.

then... ACTUALLY- if you plan on using this to increase your run, let me know. I have some experience.

Oh, no I don't plan on running with it. I'm doing heavy weighted dips and the amount of plates hanging between my legs is getting...awkward. I also wanted to try ab wheel roll-outs with it.

...and damn it, ILM and I were having a special moment and you had to try and muscle in WTF?!:action7:

Last edited:
Oh, no I don't plan on running with it. I'm doing heavy weighted dips and the amount of plates hanging between my legs is getting...awkward. I also wanted to try ab wheel roll-outs with it.

...and damn it, ILM and I were having a special moment and you had to try and muscle in WTF?!:action7:

Isn't that just like FF to parachute in like that :rolleyes: He's just a fart in the wind right now :D

Gooch, let's get back to that special moment ... you're tremendously attractive and awesome :cool:

Dude what is the point of having spawn if you don't get any use out of them? Just strap one or three to your rear and away you go. All this nonsense about paying good money for dead weight.

Can a weighted vest watch your back? No.

How many people really get a benefit of running with weighted vests? I have not used one, but I have to imagine that it would be uncomfortable to run with something like that on me. Ankle weights, as I have read, are to be bad for the body... the body was not meant to add weight to the extremities and run - that was per a doctor's article.

I have a patent pending 'cardio' training device that will eliminate the above problems that I see. I have no idea to check any replies to my comments, but if you want to know more about what I am currently developing, I guess leave me a message and hopefully I will be able to find it and explain more.

And as one sprinting coach told a friend of mine... my product in development is 'IT' - regarding any form of cardio training.

I have the 100 lb V-Max and it works very well. It is high quality. When I first got it I had a little bit of trouble hoisting it up over my head to get it on. I am stronger now though. :)

I think you have to be careful with weight vests and high impact stuff like running.

I actually started using one because my knees couldn't take the impact of running on the roads. Load up with a 40 lbs weight vest and just walk up hills. Low-impact cardio. My knees aren't complaining so I think that's a way to get round my "design-limitations"

I barely can wear my 20 lbs vest and hike!!! 20 lbs makes a huge difference, I am slightly scared to even attempt a 3 hr hike with 40 lbs, much less 100 lbs. Honestly, there is no way that I can hike 7 miles with 100 lbs vest. If you can, all I can say is WoW. Btw, never thought 20 lbs is THAT heavy...

Back