Heart Rate Monitor

I am looking to get a heart rate monitor for when I am doing cardio. Being that I am just starting things out, I didn't want to spend too much cash. Does this look decent or does anyone have other suggestions. I would like to initially stay below $100. I see them upwards of $400, but that is a little high for me at this point

so I realized that the forums think one of the words in the link is a naughty one :)

Here is the item

Polar F4 Black Thunder Heart Rate Monitor
Product Rating 0 stars
(0 Ratings)Write a Review
The F4™ Black Thunder heart rate monitor from Polar® combines all the necessary heart ...

List Price:$99.99*
Our Price:$89.99

Polar is a good brand. Unless you require tons of special functions I would go for the cheapest model. You can check out reviews at Amazon.com

I had a Polar F3, which served me well, until it got a little too wet. I would go with a lower/mid-range model, but not lowest. And Polar straps are compatible with most cardio machines so you don't have to hold onto the unreliable heart rate grips.

Thanks for the feedback. I saw a version that was about $20 bucks cheaper but didn't have a lot of functionality that this one had.

I have read up on the reviews and it appears the bowflex sounds better then the Reebok and Polar. I am going to buy it probably in the next week or two so if anyone else has any other comments, I would appreciate hearing them.

My wife just bought me a Mio Motiva heart rate monitor. Can't wait to put it to work tomorrow morning and see how it works :action8:

I just got a heart rate monitor, got my mum to get it for me :) Polar F4 and I love it. Used it this morning in Body Attack :)

Back