Weight-Loss Healthy snacks

Weight-Loss
Hey Steve, welcome to the forum!

Fruit, apples, cherries, grapes, oranges, bananas etc are my favorite healthy snacks. I sometimes eat crackers and cheese or pretzels, but not as healthy as fruit, the key to that is to limit the calories to something on the order of 100 calories or less. Easy with fruit, not as easy with crackers a cheese.

Hey, I suggest you look at the Weight Loss Diary page (https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ ). If it makes sense to you starting a diary and telling us a bit about yourself is something to consider.

Raw carrot, celery, snow peas, (with a little hummus?), cherry tomatoes.
Seed crackers with either a little cheese or some hummus.

Roasted chickpeas! I just made a batch: drain and rinse a can of chickpeas (280 g, I think?), pat dry pretty thoroughly, then toss with a mixture of one teaspoon arrow root powder* and one teaspoon of whatever spice mix you like. Mine was smoked paprika, chili, and garlic powder. Don´t forget salt if your chickpeas don´t have any. Bake in airfryer at 200 degrees Celsius for 16 minutes, shaking the basket two or three times during that time if your airfryer doesn´t mix on its own. Convection oven would work as well, but you´d probably need to mix/turn the chickpeas more often. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Lovely to just snack on but also great as higher-protein croutons in soups and salads. If you´re not afraid of calories you could use a teaspoon of oil instead of the arrow root powder, by the way.

*Gram flour works as well and I´m sure corn starch would, too.

Another vote for carrots - young, sweet ones, if you can get them. Or apples - both of those are good for the crunch factor, and are also easily transportable. I've recently discovered dried seaweed as a nice, salty (which could be a problem, so don't OD) snack - though they come, the ones ones I eat, in plastic, which is another drawback.
If you're in such a place that it can work, a cup of low-calorie packet soup is quick and easy and can be a good, satisfying snack. :)

Hello! I prefer carrots, dried apples and apricots. When I really want sweets, I buy dried figs and dates. They are very sweet and healthy, but do not overdo it. Bananas are an excellent snack, it is worth eating them in the morning. Have a nice day!

Fruit and veg: fresh, dried, freeze dried.
Nuts and seeds.
Sliced cheese.
A slice of swiss, a sliced apple or some dried mango, a small handful of tamari almonds.
I make mini bento style snack packs by putting silicone muffin cups in a sandwich sized container, fill each cup with a snacking component. A few dates or dried plums, a cheese stick, salt and pepper cashews.

I like things like yogurt, some cheese, easy to consume vegetables like cherry tomatoes, and nuts (not too many since they are pretty high in calories).

Hummus with carrots, beans & celery, almonds, low fat cruskit or brown rice cake with tuna and tomato are my favourites. If I have fruit, I always pair it with a protein.

... some healthy snacks

i can't think of a better definition for any fruit. ... and a few nuts.

here is an idea i apply occasionally ... snack packs. ...contents vary.

Back