Hate to say it... but......

Monster2

I think the new format is killing the forums.

I wish it wasn't so, but I think it might be time to reconsider the old style.

I'm seeing MUCH less traffic around here.

:cry:

AI miss the tickers. I know, they're not really VITAL, but it was fun and a great way to show off progress.

I don't think there is any chance of getting back to the old format. The best we can do is try to deal with the new one. I agree though, the traffic is a lot less, and half of what we have is generated by spammers.

As for the tickers, they are being worked on, apparently, and should be back to working soon. Sorry for being vague, but that's all the information we've got.

Athere is a chance we will go back to the old format. The job of Huddler is to get advertisers. If they aren't doing what they promised, than we have no reason to continue working with them. We are meeting with them in Chicago as we speak and if we don't get satisfactory answers to a lot of the issues, we will be switching back.

AI've definitely lost a lot of interest in this forum. I still come here everyday just about, but I find myself just checking the recent activity on the home page and that's it. I rarely open the main forum page. I have been kind of busy lately though, which I know doesn't help. But, I still kiiiiinda hope they don't get the answers their looking for. lol! I miss the old format. :(

I haven't been a regular here for a while, but I came back today as I am about to start a new weight loss campaign... and ARGH... this is horrible!

vBulletin was bad enough (ugly outdated), but this is really awful unintuitive software, please consider using something like Xenforo which is brand spanking state of the art new, super engaging and has a fabulous User Interface, or Invision Power Board either of which are professional forum software, which you can integrate advertising into quite easily ... or at worse go back to vBulletin, even that would be better than this which seems like non-professional "free" forum software.

Sorry I won't be sticking around with this software, and the dumb circa 2001 postbit style... no one is doing userinfo on the top of posts anymore, it's a hangover from small screen fixed width styles.

Originally Posted by AllCdnBoy

there is a chance we will go back to the old format. The job of Huddler is to get advertisers. If they aren't doing what they promised, than we have no reason to continue working with them. We are meeting with them in Chicago as we speak and if we don't get satisfactory answers to a lot of the issues, we will be switching back.

I think the drop in traffic will also make it more difficult to get advertisers. I really don't know how it works, but I'm sure more members = more revenue for you guys.

On a side note, I am also getting quite a bit of lag or loading time between screens. I know it's not my PC or connection, because I'm on right now at 1:20 PM Sunday night. That's another turn-off.

I stopped using it when it changed, and came back a mere 2.5 months later... where did everyone go?? The lack of participation isn't a draw for new people either. You can see that massive amounts of posts end in Mid June.

That last post about the Chicago meet was almost a month ago, I guess they decided to keep the new forum and wait it out... :cuss:

I imagine it's a strategic decision either way - the people who've gone will stay gone and the people who've stayed will probably stay...This use to be a very cool site.

Back