Gym plan 15 year old

Hi , I'm a 15 year old male, 5"11 about 200 pounds , a bit of that is muscle but mostly fat.I need to get fit/lose weight and gain muscle aswell.Id mostly be focusing on upper body as my legs are very big.
If anyone has a gym plan as I just joined the gym and a diet either for maybe 12 weeks that would be great.
Need to get back very fit before the Rugby season starts
Cheers

The link below is from Goldfish, a very good generic trainer on these boards.
http://training.fitness.com/young-athlete-development/young-athlete-development-program-50627.html

I will add a couple of warnings based on what you have said here.
Don't go for uneven training based on strengths, occasional compensation to bring weaknesses up to form is one thing but leaving things out because they are strong soon results in them becoming weaknesses. If you need to know why not to leave out legs day google image 'never miss leg day' for a bit of a laugh.
Obviously you are wanting to get into better condition for rugby, meaning you need more endurance and stamina to keep your mass moving for the entire game while keeping some explosive power to 'relieve' another of the ball or keep it from being removed by sprinting. You have stated 12 weeks as a time frame and the reason is a good one. Try to keep this as a short term goal to get you started but ensure there is another ready for when this time frame is over, then another etc. In other words treat this as a lifelong not a short term change.
That said ensure you change the programs regularly to keep them interesting and effective. Normally I do this every 8 weeks, this could be as little as 6 or as much as 12 if you want.

The link below is from Goldfish, a very good generic trainer on these boards.
http://training.fitness.com/young-athlete-development/young-athlete-development-program-50627.html

I will add a couple of warnings based on what you have said here.
Don't go for uneven training based on strengths, occasional compensation to bring weaknesses up to form is one thing but leaving things out because they are strong soon results in them becoming weaknesses. If you need to know why not to leave out legs day google image 'never miss leg day' for a bit of a laugh.
Obviously you are wanting to get into better condition for rugby, meaning you need more endurance and stamina to keep your mass moving for the entire game while keeping some explosive power to 'relieve' another of the ball or keep it from being removed by sprinting. You have stated 12 weeks as a time frame and the reason is a good one. Try to keep this as a short term goal to get you started but ensure there is another ready for when this time frame is over, then another etc. In other words treat this as a lifelong not a short term change.
That said ensure you change the programs regularly to keep them interesting and effective. Normally I do this every 8 weeks, this could be as little as 6 or as much as 12 if you want.
Cheers for your help, I'll Defintly be taking your legs advice after looking at those pictures hahah.Do you have any ideas on a food diet I could go by ? Mine now is terrible so need to change that

I tend to find high level monitoring works best. Use something like a food pyramid as a guide for proportion not portion numbers to get balance. Eat less in balance to decrease weight or slow gain, more to gain or slow loss.
When getting complex on diet it's easy to end up losing track of balance. This is dangerous at any age but especially when still growing. There is a reason the word diet has die as the first 3 letters, do it stupidly wrong and that's the result.
Keep it simple, make subtle changes and don't try to be totally pure. Everyone I have seen who tries total detox, goes back to eating worse than before.

Back