Weight-Loss Group Five Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina1

Group Five - Goal 20 lbs
christina
runforfun529
danita
vicki

YES! I got great people in my group.... Ok guys... we have to lose 20 lbs (or more if we can!) to win this thing. I WOULD LOVE TO WIN IT!

What I plan to do is excercise at LEAST 4 times a week = Tae BO, Pilates, yard work, (I have a ton of land which = a ton of work)...

I plan on drinking at LEAST 5 bottles of water each day...

I plan on limiting my fat, sugar and salt intake... and eating more vegetables..

I will post everyday, my food and excercise.... KEEP ME ON MY TOES!

Last club I lost 5 pounds! in one week I have gained back 2 pounds bringing my currant weight to 180.... :(

SOOOOO

CW 180
GW 175

2 weeks baby!

O.k. christina,

Ditto on the plan (water, exercise, food) (the staples of life)

I weighed myself first thing this a.m. (which I haven't done in months)...and I've found 18 lbs that I had lost. OMG! I need this so bad. How did that happen?

I've started drinking more beer (I looove the taste of beer)...(carb lite)...do I need to cut this out?

hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppppppppp!

Danita

P.s. GO TEAM!

Hw: 220
CW: 208
GW: 165

I guess if the beer is the only thing you have changed, then maybe you have gained with it. Most the people that I know who drink, look skinny but have big stomachs and fat faces from the alcohol. ...

A few beers here and there should be ok I would think.... like on the weekends

but Beer everyday, no matter what kind or how many, couldnt be good in the long run..

Good luck everyone! I am not in this challenge this time but am cheering for everyone!!! Go team! You can do it!!!

Alright, I'm so glad with my group, but you guys got the gimp in yours :-D

I can't exercise, unless you guys have any suggestions. My leg is broken, but hopefully I'm only off of it 4-6 more weeks, since that was their minimum. (Well actually it was 2, but I doubt it will be completely healed then). So anyway, suggest some things I can do, and I will try to do them.

Other than that, I'm going to try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1400. I have been doing that for the past couple of days, and it has worked marvelously. I don't even feel like eating cause my leg hurts and it's too much hassle to get stuff.

But anyway:

CW: 146
GW (for the challenge): 141
GW (overall): 130, for now

Good luck team!

Ok hun..... can you do sit ups? push ups? with your leg dangling out of the way?
Just work on watching those CALS and drinking your water.... As long as you got those 2 things down I think you should shed some pounds... Not much but some.... unless the sit ups help....

Ok ladies, I just finished my 30 min Tae BO... YES, ENERGY!

per post #666 in my diary... I will be MIA over the next 4 days... I MAY be able to check in from time to time , and you better be sweating somewhere and burning those cals!

sorry I sound so pushy.... I need to be pushy to myself, so I may as well do it to you all! ;)

C'mon girls, prove me right, let's show them that We wanna win this!

Last edited:
Ugh, I wish I could work out lol. I know that sounds so weird, but I want to run!!! I am like, counting down the days until I can run again. At least that will be about the time when I can get my temps and begin to learn how to drive. Hopefully by that time I'll be about 10-15 pounds lighter than I am now!

Maybe you all know each other, but I'm a newbie here. Can we have introductions of our team mates?

I am a 40 year old, homeschooling mother or two teenagers, with an amazing home based business.

I was in the navy for 10 years - and although I was perfect, they had me as overweight for my height, which threw me into bulemic behavior for 10 years to maintain THEIR standards. (I am very muscular)

I was healed of the bulemia, and then had to fight with knowing how to eat right. Gained a ton of weight, and have been losing the same 40-80 lbs for about 15 years.

I've done EVERY diet, and am now just focusing on eating right and moving more.

I'm going to give up sweet-n-low and coffee while I do this club contest - because I know it isn't good for me!

I strongly believe in personal growth - reading at least an hour a day on topics I need to improve on. I believe alot of my weight problems occur because of what is going on between my ears.

danita

Hi Danita!

I'm Tori. Um, I'm 15 years old, but don't worry about me being immature or anything, well not any more immature than anyone else. Um, I'm not really overweight, but I am on the higher end of my BMI. I am a Cross Country runner, although I can't run now, as I broke my leg sometime within the past 3 weeks. They aren't sure when, but they do know I have been running on it and other things to make it worse. Umm... what else about me. I want to lose weight to increase my running times, become healthier, improve my self esteem, and just look better (yeah I know, we aren't supposed to lose weight for this reason, but who really does not think of this when trying to lose weight, I mean, come on!) I hope to lose about 15 or so more pounds and then see how I am from there. If I look and feel amazing, I'll stop, if not, I'll keep going, but I won't get under 120, as that is about the lowest healthy weight for my height.

Um, many people have a misconception of me. They think I do have an eating disorder because I'm young and want to lose weight. I don't have one though, I eat about 1200 to 1400 calories a day. My best friend is a recovered anorexic/bulimic so I know what it does to the people who love you. Umm.. a picture of me is in that pictures thread in the off-topic. Thats just about it.

Oh yeah, my big problem is binging, so if you have any tips...

-Tori

Hi Danita! Tori!

Danita, you have had a very exciting life so far! I would never be able to do home schooling.. I need a break from my baby, although Ilove her with all my heart!

Tori, I did not know you were soooo young! lol Don't worry about immaturity, I think I can account for that one many a times! I think it is good that you are keeping yourself so healthy at a young age! After all, have you read my signature?

OK, a little about me...
I am 27 (whoa) years old... I live in Illinois with ,y fiance (of 6 years) and my 6 year old daughter. I met my fiance when I was 7-8 months pregnant. He raised my daughter as if she were his own..
I have been chubby my entire life... always going for seconds, cometimes thirds. I was a big time binger. I could eat a whole box of cookies, donuts, whatever.. I would go to whitecastle and binge then go to the next one on the way home! :eek:
I was an emotional eater... mostly when I was pissed, I would eat. Which was bad cause I wad almost always a pissed off bitch! LOL
I have tried alot of diets, but always quit... I used to Quit at everything !
This time I have found peace with myself. I enjoy life more, I am much happier now than I ever have been in my whole life.
This time I am loosing weight for ME, not for society, not because of what I THINK people are saying about me... but to make myself feel more sexy... to make myself feel more HEALTHY... more energetic...
the most I weighed was between 215-220 (theres a pic n my b4 & after thread)..
I am currantly at 180 (last week 178 kinda pissed about that)
and my first goal is to reach 150. Then 140, and FINALLY 130... That is the lowest I would like to weigh...
I am the heaviest female in all sides of my family... So it's hard... But I think I am one of the prettiest and more sexy than some could ever wish to be.
UNREAL HUH? I got the high self esteem from this forum and from my fiance...

Well, thats about it..
It's nice to meet you!
NOW LETS WIN THIS THING GIRLS!
has anyone heard from Vicki?

Tori,

Wow - a runner. I so admire runners! You'll be back on your feet in no time!

Binging - just don't do it! LOL. I'm trying to drink a big glass of water when I think of eating - or turning to a healthy snack.

I too could binge my head off...but at some point you just got to say NO!

Chritina - What a sweet story? are you a stay at home mom?

I'm going to go looking for both of your pics.

danita

yes, I am a stay at home mom. I applied at 4 places over the last few weeks.... I did get one call back, but Phil told me he's not in a hurry for me to get a job, and that the job was too far anyway...
Sooooo, I am still a stay at home mom... I miss work like you wouldnt believe!
Dont get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mom, and house wife... I LOVE IT! But I am bored... thats why I am on here sooooo much! LOL
Another reason is money... I HATE money.. all it does is run your life ya know!

Being a stay at home mom is rewarding but HARD work!

Have you thought of starting a home-based business so that you have more control over your life?

I've been reading a book called " The millionare mind"...it is so interesting. It might be one you want to read. It just is a real eye opener about money...and the younger you start thinking about these things, the better.
I get all of my books on half.com...much cheeper then any other way I've found. (if you want the title and author - I'll get back to you)

I feel like crap this afternoon - maybe I should "ween off" the cafene and sweet n low.

AND to top it off, my teenager made brownies. I must admitt to falling to the temptation. but will make it up by drinking a shake for dinner.

:0(

danita

oh Danita~ Brownies are evil! we went over this in another thread! LOL STAY AWAY!
I know its hard, brownies have got to be the most delicious things in the world...

I've thought about home based businesses. But I feel like it's not for me. I couldn't even handle doing babysitting in my house!

I would love a job that I have to LEAVE the house for... so I am no longer sick of my house!

My fiance should open his own shop or something. Then i would work for him. Or even my dad, he wants to have his own business too.

We would all be TERRIBLE under one roof! LOL

Christina,

at least I was honest. :( I hate that he baked them. I made him take them off the counter where I see them.

Back on track now (lol)
danita

Ugh, I binged today :(

I couldn't help it, I went to the XC meet and all they had was pizza for us, and then I went to band and they had a consession stand and the best thing was like.. soft pretzel with cheese

I feel so bad.

ugh, today was worse than yesterday

What the hell is wrong with me? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back