Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskies

Group 4 -- our goal is 5 lbs by Oct. 7! We can do it. Our group is:

Jennifer
Turtlemomma
Blueskys
cmssteward

I'm going to do one extra thing daily to work towards this goal and post it here. Anyone else who wants to do the same, feel free. Can't wait to get to know all of you. I know we can lose the weight if we keep our eyes on the goal.

Ok -- can we all do a little introduction so we know something about each other and can help out with motivation for "problem" areas in our regimen?

I'm Kate. I gained a lot of weight this last year (27 lbs to be exact), after a rather bad and drawn out breakup. I have always yo yoed with my weight and now I'm working toward healthy weight loss that is sustainable. I love biking, but hate all other forms of exercise and right now I'm having a bit of a problem with getting my butt up and doing it. My current weight is 183 so I am shooting for 178 by the 7th. My plan is to add at least one thing every day that will help me reach that goal. My diet is good so that is probably going to be exercise for me. I believe we all can do this, and won't we feel great when we weigh in on the 7th?

Here I am!!!! Starting weight is 224.5, so that would be 219.5. My weight has crept up over the years. Exercise is my downfall - who has the time???? I will try though!

Hello...I'm cort...*waves* And I was never over weight until I left public school and began homeschooling. Even then I rode my bike everyday and roller bladed. Then my sister left for the convent and I pretty much fell into a slight depression, didn't know how to interact with kids my own age and stopped riding my bike and roller blading. When I was in school, I walked to my school everyday (about a half mile round trip) and was very active in PE and recess...very..active. So I started putting on weight and here I am at a lovely 198 pounds. Last year I was involved in my youth group's softball team, but I quit going, since that, combined with my job (I worked 11 hours a day, three days a week...and practice was three days a week, too) and I got horrible shin splints to where I could hardly walk sometimes, and I was just too over whelmed...so I quit, and then gained some more weight, falling into a depression about work. So I quit that too (it was a volunteer job, I don't miss it) and now I'm jobless, over weight, and getting ready to take my GED so I can go to college (I'm 17).

Anyways, my goal is to walk/ run 2 miles on mondays, wensdays, and fridays (except today, today is spent preparing for Hurricane Rita) and walking/running a mile on tuesdays and thursdays. With Callesthenics and weight training mixed in (as well as tae bo and a ballet workout thingit).

I'm fairly good about drinking enough water...I have my 20 ounce water bottle with me almost all of the time. It's just getting up and exercising that's my problem.

Anyways, I'm really excited about this new club. Since we're counting on the people in our group to loose weight so that we can win, it's just more motivation! Yet, I hope everybody looses (weight) so that we can all win!

Cora -- I'm definately ready. Glad we are in the same group. It is always hard to find time to exercise. Just think to yourself, "These two weeks I have to find time" and before you know it they will be over and you will be closer to your goal. Also, you can do a number of short periods of exercise instead of one big time period. I've been adding in 10 minute walks when I get the free time.

cmstewart -- hi! I know how it is when you go from being very active to being less then. I lived in NY for two years and you walk so much there that you get a ton of exercise with really no extra effort. When I moved I suddenly was driving everywhere instead of walking. You would not believe what a difference it makes. How is your exercising going? Have you tried yoga? It might be a good thing for you on your down days. I don't really know "scientifically" how it effects your body, but when I do it I can feel my muscles working hard. It also stretches your body and works muscles you never work so other forms of exercise tend to go easier. Anyway, your plan sounds great. I guess we all have to watch out so we don't overdue it and then become frustrated and quit, but for these two weeks pushing it will be a good thing. Anyway so glad you are in our group!

My friend was down this weekend to visit so I wasn't as good as I usually am. Got a good strong hour of exercise in on Friday and Saturday is my day off so nothing. My food was pretty good, but tomorrow I am getting serious about this and adding on some more exercise to speed up my progress. How is everyone else doing?

Already...tomorrow...new day...new week. I'm going to attempt to loose two and a half pounds by friday. In reality, that should be a sinch! (unfortunatly, I find myself living outside of reality, most days...)

No, I've never tried Yoga...never really was interested in it. But one of the workout dvds I have is Ballet Workout with Stephanie Herman, and it combines ballet, pilates, and yoga all together. It's really a great workout.

Hey group 4 ya'll having fun yet? How's your progress? I like coming in here reading your posts and keeping up even though I'm not in this group - or any yet! Ya'll are very encouraging.

How is everyone doing today? Food intake? Exercise? Life? Emotions? Sleep? Whatever - you tell me :) haha I"m a dork but I'm excited to read your posts and be here

That's okay! They're still there! Just busy during the day! You know what you need to do today. You can do it - it's easy - just envision yourself in a bikini, running down the coastline, nothing jiggling! Haha well I at least see myself in one smaller pant size... :)

How's your day today?

Ach, sorry! I've been sick and havn't felt like being active on this site because I was depressed I couldn't work out. Figures I get sick when it MATTERS. Bleh.

Anyways, *waves to victoria* I adore your name!

My food is...er..okay. It could be better, but it's not as bad as it could be. I had half a can of cream of chicken for breakfast, and the other half for lunch. And after I do some tae bo (I'm actually feeling better enough to do some! yay!) I'm going to have some chicken noodle soup. The rest of the family are having tacos, but I don't feel like anything spicy...don't think my stomach could handle it.

I was very bad earlier, though, I had some reeses pieces ice cream. And it was really quite delicious. It was 6 ounces...(I know because it came in a cup). I would have had more, but there were four cups in a package, and mom only got one package, and there's four of us..so...heh. I also had a mid afternoon snack that conisted of potato wedges from last night and buttery smooth crackers. Mmm.

So where's Jennifer and Blueskies?

Hey Girls...I admit it, I fell off the wagon a bit. So sorry...I promise I'll be extra supportive for the rest of the challenge. I've been sick too cm and have not been exercising. So I'm going to have to really get going. I can already feel the way my body is slowing down. My food hasn't been terrible, but I haven't been keeping track of like I was before. This is a bad bad thing...it's how I got into trouble before. I really do better when I regiment myself. Anyway, today is a new day so I'm back on the plan. Hope everybody is doing better then I was!! I'll be posting everyday from now on.

It's not bad - don't put negative connotations on yourself or what you're doing. It only limits your ability to push further. You didn't track your food or exercise because you were under the weather, that was yesterday. Now today you can march forward and change what you're doing right now! Ya'll are ALL doing GREAT! C'mon group 4 :)

RomanoV -- Thanks for the pep talk -- Your right, all negative self talk does his hold you back. I'm actually proud of the fact that I am getting back on track already. Used to be that I would let this set me back a month or so. Thanks!

Hey ladies...how is everyone doing? I'm redoubling my efforts because of my lapse so today I got in an extra 16 minutes of running (good for me cause I hate to run) and 25 sit up like things on this machine I have. My food has been good day -- I'm in at 1285 for the day and not eating anymore today. I also got in about 2L of water...I need to up that a bit, but when I was sick I got out of the habit.

So how is everyone doing? Need any help or an extra push? I'll be here if you do!

I've done okay, today. I had a craving for some mild chili, but said no to it and had tuna instead. Yay!

I did 25 minutes of tae bo, and 65 sit ups (I was trying to see how many I could do in two minutes...which is about 60). I'm planning on weight lifting, too, for about 20 minutes, and maybe playing darts for another ten. Possibly even go for a run/walk on the read mill...maybe about ten minutes.

I need to start writing down what I eat. Tomorrow I'm getting SERIOUS about my food. It's hard since I'm sick and I'm craving bad foods. I'm planning out my meals for tomorrow, tonight, so I won't go and rummage, like I did today.

I got in about 60 ounces of water...working up to 80. I've also decided to not eat after 7.30 (unless it's a fruit). I did that for lent...I think it was last year, and I did really well with it. So I just need to pretend it's lent...

It's funny, I'm sick...and I'm pushing myself harder than when I was healthy *laughs* that's rather amusing. Whenever I think about being bad, I think about you all...and I feel so guilty.

I did weigh myself today, and the good knews is...I havn't gained anything! So that's a relief. I wonder if our bodies burn more calories when we're sick because it's working so hard to expell the disease? hmm...

Hey cm..good choice about the tuna. Also, if you love chili think about making a vegetarian version...much lower in fat and cals that way. Let me know I can send you a recipe if you want.

As for how I'm doing... pretty good. I got in my hour of aerobics on Friday and Saturday is my exercise break day so no exercise. I did eat well although I was still a little low on calories (1100). Today I made sure to get enough calories in and am right on target. I'm still trying to get myself to wake up early in the morning to exercise...don't know what my problem with that one is. I guess I have always been a bit of a procrastinator. Anyway...hope all is well. Someone is calling me so I'll post more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back