Greetings

Fiera__

Hi, I am early 50's, female; need to make some lifestyle changes to get healthy.

I have slipped into some sedentary habits. It's a bit of a chicken and egg as to which came first- depression/anxiety or sedentary lifestyle. All I know is that when I walk 3 miles a day I maintain weight and naturally eat healthier/less without having to wrestle with it. When I don't....I just pack the pounds on. Lately I have been on a runaway train. Night time binging is my achilles heel.

At this point I have 40 pounds to get down to a healthy weight (50 pounds would be a stretch goal).

I look forward to participating in the forum.

Hi, Fiera & welcome to the forum. Well done on deciding to put a stop to the runaway train. I have been on that same train, just with regular overeating, rather than binging, but the results are the same. I hope you will find moral support here in the forum. There are many kind & helpful members. We all have much in common. What are your plans to lose weight? Is there just one thing that you can change that will get your weight coming down?

Hi, Fiera & welcome to the forum. Well done on deciding to put a stop to the runaway train. I have been on that same train, just with regular overeating, rather than binging, but the results are the same. I hope you will find moral support here in the forum. There are many kind & helpful members. We all have much in common. What are your plans to lose weight? Is there just one thing that you can change that will get your weight coming down?
Hi Cate. :waving: Thanks for the warm welcome. About a decade ago I lost 80 pounds in a year through healthy lifestyle changes so I have a good idea of what works for me. Calorie/portion accountability, daily exercise, journaling. I started psych meds about a week ago which I hope will help me get my head back in the game. I will start a diary on the forum.

Starting a diary is a good idea. I lost about 80 lbs 14 years ago too. Over the years I have regained about half of that back but am finding it much harder these days. Hopefully, you can inspire me to get back on track.
Calorie/portion accountability, daily exercise, journaling.
Yep! Let's go :)

Welcome to the forum, Fiera! I never lost 80 lbs but I am also working to get back to my old happy weight. Your approach sounds sensible and I look forward to following along with your journey.

Back