Good Training Regime for 14 yr old Basketball player

The title pretty much says it all.I am 14 yrs old(March 16 ),5.6 feet and 55 kgs in height and weight.I am looking for a good workout regime to improve overall fitness along with my ability to play basketball.I dont have much access to weights and am trying to avoid training with them mostly because of my mother.i dont know if this is a strange question but can someone also suggest some height increasing exercises.

Sorry about this but your height will be governed by your genetics, stress levels and general health, including diet. The first is the main factor, if your genetics say you will top out at 5'0 that's it.
I feel your pain from my younger days, climbing is a sport where being tall is very useful and I developed late topping out at my 5'10" current.
Stress repressed my growth but considering I am to the millimetre the same height as my father and brother this was delayed not stunted growth when it appeared.
We know that the overall height of the population in the developed world has increased over the last 150 years, largely due to the availability of abundant higher quality food, keep the higher quality in mind when you are looking at a big mac 150 years ago they had worse junk than this, often rotten if anything. If you are starved you won't grow, it's that simple, unfortunately eating twice as much as you need doesn't mean growing twice as fast upwards just outwards.
Training, especially with weights has been blamed for stunting growth for decades, I thought the sources were even for this, I was wrong and now we know that sensible weight training aids healthy growth and development, this doesn't mean making you taller, just that your bones and joints are better developed.

In conclusion, train to be healthy, eat to be likewise, try keeping undue stress out of your life, there is no such thing as stress free enjoyable life, we needs some. You will get the height your body is meant to achieve. I was 4'11" at 16 years of age and my height at 17, gaining 11 inches in around a year, I wanted to keep growing it didn't happen.

Basketball is a sport where height can help but skill will win out. I have seen guys my height and below totally embarrass others 6'6" and above by being faster, more manoeuvrable and just plain fitter.

Sprint sessions aka intervals, plyometric work, all manner of sudden explosive training, combined with cardio work to give you stamina so you're still going strong when they are collapsing.

Back