Good or bad?

I just started my HIIT training today. It was pretty intense and I enjoyed it very much. I had to keep telling myself it is of only 10 more min by min 10. I was doing it on an eliptical trainer with it on level 10. I maintained 6mph for my 50% and went to between 10 and 12 for my 90%. I then followed the workout with a little bit of arms (only 5 workouts). Should I have done my arms on a different day then my HIIT training? Also, is it good for me to do low intensity cardio on my days im not doing HIIT? The only time I have to do HIIT is after I get off a 12 hour work shift ( I am in the military in Afghanistan, so I dont have a choice) Is this okay? The last question I have is, I eat a little an hour before I go to bed is this a bad thing? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
codyhartley said:
I just started my HIIT training today. It was pretty intense and I enjoyed it very much. I had to keep telling myself it is of only 10 more min by min 10. I was doing it on an eliptical trainer with it on level 10. I maintained 6mph for my 50% and went to between 10 and 12 for my 90%. I then followed the workout with a little bit of arms (only 5 workouts). Should I have done my arms on a different day then my HIIT training?

You can weight train on the same day that you do HIIT, however, it's best to split it and do one in the morning and one at night. If that's not possible though, always do your weight training first, before your HIIT. It is not a good idea to be lifting weights when you are tired and depleted.

Also, is it good for me to do low intensity cardio on my days im not doing HIIT?

It would be best to do it on different days but whether it's good or not (necessary) depends on your goals and the rest of your program.

The only time I have to do HIIT is after I get off a 12 hour work shift ( I am in the military in Afghanistan, so I dont have a choice) Is this okay?

It's fine as long you feel ok....make sure you're eating properly though.

The last question I have is, I eat a little an hour before I go to bed is this a bad thing? Thanks for the help.

Ideally you do eat right before bed...since you're not going to be eating for 7+ hrs but again...what you eat and how much depends on your goals, caloric needs and the rest of your meal plan.

Back