Gone for a few years, but I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying_again

I lost a lot of weight a while back and kept it off, then stopped working out and started eating poorly, so I gained it back. For the last few weeks, I've tried to eat better and started running again last week. I have been working out regularly for the last year, but the food choices have always been my downfall. I love to eat poorly! LOL I love chips and chocolate and other bad things. But lately, I have tried to find healthier alternatives (i.e. Special K cracker/chips instead of potato chips) and I also don't deprive myself to the point of never having anything "bad".

I made a choice not that long ago to really do it this time. And I think I'm going to. Glad I'm running again and lifting weights again. It feels really good to be "back in the saddle".

But the thing I need most is support - I didn't do it before without it, and I sure as hell can't do it this time without it! I need someone to encourage me. I know I have to do all the work - I'm ok with that. When I fall, and I will, I need someone to say, "hey, it's ok. Just make a better choice next time."

I have no idea how much I weigh - I used to weigh myself 4x per day and finally decided that was getting obsessive. Since then, I haven't gotten on one, unless it was at a drs appt. I know that my clothes are tighter and I just feel huge and ugly. I feel better already just since I started running and lifting.

That's it for now. Thanks for listening. :)

Hey I just newly registered here and I'm not sure if you will even check this message but I just wanted to offer my help in motivating you. I have been in the Army for 9 years now and I'd like to think motivating people is something I am very good at. If you are still interested in needing some motivation please feel free to write back to me here or you can contact me at casey.hayes85@yahoo.com I myself have started some new exercise programs to supplement what I already do and I can use someone else to talk to and help out. We can all help each other with a few words and some motivation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back