Gizza"s Diary

well it deffinitly sounds colder over there then here in new zealand, The hightest is 9 but our lowest is 5 but it feels colder then that......

Great Idea about keeping some low carb treats, where do you get those atkins bars and that from?

FRIDAY

Breakfast..... weetbix
cup of tea

Lunch....... Mince pie
glass of coke
and um um about 10 pieces of chocolate :(
1 small can of lift drink :(

Tuesday.. Well i have to shamely addmit that my eating wasn't to good today :(

Breakfast.. 1 apple
1 cup of tea

Lunch.... Biscuits and 2 cuppa teas :(

Dinner..... Mince, spagetti
1 cup of tea...

I think i neeed help :(

Whoops

gizza said:
Tuesday.. Well i have to shamely addmit that my eating wasn't to good today :(

Breakfast.. 1 apple
1 cup of tea

Lunch.... Biscuits and 2 cuppa teas :(

Dinner..... Mince, spagetti
1 cup of tea...

I think i neeed help :(
:eek:

Oh Dear, that doesn't sound like a lot of food ......

Gizza, you have to try to get a good, solid breakfast. That is really THE most important meal of the day. think of it as fuelling up your body, as if it were a car - no gas, no run, so, no food, no function.

If you don't get a good start, then your body will constantly be thinking it needs snacks and feeling hungry and ripped off.

Your dinner choice was fine, except for the spaghetti. Remember - carbs should be consumed earlier in the day. Even the spaghetti could be okay -provided you didn't have more than maybe 15-20 pieces.

Now, if you were to get soy spaghetti, you would be eating protein while enjoying a bowl of spaghetti and meat sauce. The soy stuff tastes no different to the regular (to me, anyway).

You may need to plan your meals a week at a time, and you may need to prepare things for yourself the night before. I find if I'm really tired in the morning my brain stops functioning. :)

Try to get a copy of Eat Right Live Longer which has a bizzillion recipes and meal plans in.

Don't forget to drink a glass of water when you get up, two with breakfast and one after. Add a squeeze of lemon to your first glass of water, (or lime).

Remember not to starve yourself - eating proper meals is REALLY important. If we starve our bodies they start to go into survival mode and that is counterproductive, because it makes them want to eat more .....

You were asking me where you could get those nice low carb treats - don't know about NZ, but here you can buy them at healthfood and nutrition stores (ones that stock protein powder and such) and also at certain drugstores.

Don't give up and don't starve!!!!!! :eek:

Best

Weezy :cool:

Heya Gizza

I too wasnt eating enough food, I eneded up using these programs to keep track of what I ate, and I use them to plan out what I am going to eat.

Thanks for the ideas guys, as i am always on the go in the morning, i need something fast to eat , so i usually just have cerreal but i think i need to find some alternatives, or something that is fast and easy to make to eat.

Thursday...

Breakfast.... weetbix
1 cup of tea

Snack... Nothing just a cup of tea (sorry but I have been out all day)

afternoon snack.... cup of soup and 4 pieces of bread (so fat thats all i have managed to eat)

Dinner.... will update later

Fast Breakfast

gizza said:
Thanks for the ideas guys, as i am always on the go in the morning, i need something fast to eat , so i usually just have cerreal but i think i need to find some alternatives, or something that is fast and easy to make to eat.

I hear you! Fast food prep is my life. :(

Okay - You can have cereal, but instead of mixing milk or juice onto it, make a protein shake and add that to the cereal. Voila! Instant protein fix.

Make sure that you have plenty of zonebars around for those mid morning and afternoon snacks. Soup is great, but 4 pieces of bread is NOT. Add in some cheese, or a boiled egg, or cold cuts and reduce the brea to 1 slice.

I know this will sound trite, but keeping a bag of pre-sliced celery sticks around for snacks is very helpful.

Keep up the effort :D

Cheers

Weezy

gizza said:
Thursday...

Breakfast.... weetbix
1 cup of tea

Snack... Nothing just a cup of tea (sorry but I have been out all day)

afternoon snack.... cup of soup and 4 pieces of bread (so fat thats all i have managed to eat)

Dinner.... will update later

Hi Gizza,
About your food intake...it just doesn't seem like you're eating enough or
eating the right things. If you are trying to lose fat, I believe some high fiber cereal and fat-free milk is fine in the morning(works for me) and take your vitamins, then have a mid morning snack like an apple, lo-fat yogurt or whole crackers(just a few), for lunch maybe a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread or you can have that spaghetti for lunch just watch the portion size and throw in some veggies like broccolli. Don't forget the snack between lunch and supper. Again you can choose one that I mentioned before or
a protein snack bar or even some baked chips n salsa(my fav) and for supper
baked fish or chicken or even a small steak and don't forget the veggies!
It may seem like your eating too much or too often but it keeps your metabolism burning fat all day and you won't store fat like when you skip meals. Also be sure to drink plenty of water and evercise! Good luck! :D
Tina

Thanks for that tina, that are some great ideas..... next time when i do some shopping i will look out for that protein shake stuff and i think i will stock up on some yoghurt and fruit (thats if the kids dont eat it).... oh yea and some veges (I no the kids wont eat that hahaha).. As for the exercising the gym that im wirh rung me yesterday asking where i was because they saw i havent been in for a while so i told them that i would start tonight but i think i will start fresh from monday....

Hi Gizza,

how are you??

You received some great tips on how to increase your food intake the right way? Are they working for you? What are you up to? We would love to hear how you are holding up.

Hi lisa , yea sorry again , i just feel abit stink about not eating right and not exercising so i dont end up writing into my diary, but it is constantly on my mind. I still find it hard to get into a goood eating habit even though you guys have given me some great ideas i have just been really slack, so i dont end up replying but i have promised myself to get back on top of things, as i have been feeling down about myself so i am going to go to the gym and start eating right again HOPEFULLY :(.... Thanks agaiin for the ideas

HI Gizza,

i can understand that you are a little frustrated and then don't want to be bugged by it, when it's not working....but deep down, you want to change it and that's what we are here for....those nasty little reminders that won't leave you alone:):)...we rather cheer you on, when you do well, but we can also try and help, when it is not working so great.
I'm glad you signed back in and are trying again. Tomorrow is a new day:):)

Thanks Lisa, yip that is soo true, well i done yesterday i went to the gyn and did a 2 hour workout, so i felt good after that.

For breakfast this morning i had 1 orange, 2 cups of water, 2 pieces of bread and yoghurt, well actually i got up late so that was really my lunch lol....
Dinner well thats were gets bad lol... We ended up hAving k.f.c.for dinner, but i limited myself to 2 small pieces of chicken lol

thanks lisa, i have been trying to be really good, but occasionaly i do slip up, but i am trying not to get to upset about it because i will feel bad about it and will give in all together, I think that is what happend before...... Also i would forget what I had to eat for that day when it came to writing it in my diary so i would stop coming to the forum, so if i dont write down what i had to eat and that it is because i have forgotten lol.

Well i have been sort of watching what i have been eating , but still trying to get motivated to keep going. I havent been back to the gym yet, not that i dont want to go but just trying to find time at the moment, things have been really hectic at the moment. I keep forgeting to do my xercises, so just thought i would sign in and let you guys no what happening with me.,....

nice to hear from you again:)

I am glad that you are (at least partly) back on track. The other stuff will follow. You've done it before and you can do it again.:)

on some days your eating way too much bread, 2 is more than enough for a day, try eating salads, stir frys, lean meats, fruit.

and do any form of activity that makes u sweat for more than 30 mins 5 times a week at least.

Some peoople say its easier said then done, but wat i just told u is really not that hard. ITs the refusing grease dripping foods that is the hard part, and i already have. Thank god for the subway they built near my house. When my family or friends have greasy crap, i just go grab a salad from subway so i can join them in 'eating out'.

Back