Getting weaker.

I am 16 years old, 6' 1'', 235 lbs, and have been working out 5-6 days per week for about an hour to an hour and a half for about 2 months now (not counting the hour and a half of wrestling and/or boxing I do beforehand on Mondays and Wednesdays). I usually eat two eggs and some bacon for breakfast ( I sometimes just eat a hot pocket), a plate of chicken for lunch, several pieces of fruit throughout the day, and I usually drink some protein powder mixed with some milk after my workout. When I first started working out, I was able to bench 225 3 times unassisted; a couple weeks later I couldn't even get it up and was able to bench 215 for 3 sets of 8,6,and 4. Now I can only bench 215 3 times and then have to go down to 205, where I can do 3-4 sets of 8. Also, I noticed that the only muscle(s) getting stronger is my calf muscle, but everything else has stayed the same. Also, when I try to use a straight bar or preacher bar/bench to do my curls, it feels like my forearm is getting twisted when I have only 25 lbs on each side, even though I can go up to 40 lbs on each side. If anybody thinks they can help, please do.

Are you resting properly? 5-6 days per week is very intense for someone your age. Also, you need to have 24-48 hours in between working any given muscle, or else it won't have the opportunity to recover and build up, so that could definitely be the cause of feeling weaker, especially if you're doing the same type of workout every single day.

I don't get a lot of sleep usually, but I never feel tired. I do Chest, Shoulders, Abs and Triceps on Mondays, Back and Biceps on Tuesdays, Legs and Abs on Wednesdays, Chest and Triceps on Thursdays, Back, Biceps, Shoulders, and Abs on Fridays, and if I work out on Saturday I do legs again. I just don't understand how one of the 39 year olds I work out with has went up about 100 lbs on his bench since we started, but I, the teenager, am getting weaker.

Back