Getting started on my workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark92

I'm 6ft 3in. Weigh 400 pounds and trying to get started looking weight. When I figured on doing was bike 2 miles on a stationary bike then bench pressing 15 reps curling 15 reps biking another 2 miles repeating reps then 20 crunches. Is that a good place to start or should I add more exercises?

With your current weight have you had a doctors clearance for your exercise ? While lifting is an important aspect of weight loss, it can cause problems with blood pressure especially in those with a lot to loose.

I would suggest you start with your gentle cardio (bike or walking) and at the same time take a look at your diet because you cannot exercise away a bad diet. Then add in the lifting as your weight begins to drop and are sure you are not exacerbating any existing medical problems.

With your current weight have you had a doctors clearance for your exercise ? While lifting is an important aspect of weight loss, it can cause problems with blood pressure especially in those with a lot to loose.

I would suggest you start with your gentle cardio (bike or walking) and at the same time take a look at your diet because you cannot exercise away a bad diet. Then add in the lifting as your weight begins to drop and are sure you are not exacerbating any existing medical problems.

I have changed my diet. I was mainly wondering if I was doing to much to start or not enough. Should I be on the bike longer or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back