Getting rid of subforums.

Monster2

HI, MODS, owners, people who might be due a bit of respect.
I would like to request that both the vegetarian and cooking subforums be eliminated.
HOWEVER,.... I don't want to get rid of them, I think that because they are subforums you can't really see them very well, and they don't get the traffic they deserve, just because they appear with teeny tiny letters in the main menu.
So, please, pretty please, with sugar on top, consider changing these to regular categories.
Thanks for your time.

I don't really want to encourage people to become vegetarians, though. That's the bottom of the food chain ... ;) All kidding aside, i'll give it some thought and see what others think, too.

I think it's a great idea. Cooking isn't necessarily a subset of recipes (it can be, but isn't necessarily, and I think it might be problematic having it as a subset of a part of the forum that isn't readily posted in by users here), and being a vegetarian may not be something that someone thinks of as being as subset of nutrition (as opposed to "weight loss with diabetes", which is clearly a subset of "weight loss with health conditions"). I'd certainly love to see more traffic to the cooking section, learning to cook and cook in lower calorie ways has really helped my weight loss.

Actually, I've always thought sub-forums get low traffic. Because of this, they should be for things of lesser importance. I feel that cooking in particular is a major part of weight loss and thus should be considered a main section. It's so important to focus on your diet when you need to lose weight or improve your health. I think newcomers would definitely benefit from having it as a main thread as well. Some of the very first comments we get from them are "what should I eat?", "does this diet plan look ok" or "make a diet plan for me". So it will be a lot easier to refer them to a section that they can browse and see what other successful members are eating and possibly start from there.

I don't really want to encourage people to become vegetarians, though. That's the bottom of the food chain ... ;)
haha.... while I sort of feel the same way..... ;)
it's nice to have a place for them to direct their jealously!
It's not that I mind having subforums, it's that you just don't notice them....
out of sight, out of mind... ya' know?

.....I feel that cooking in particular is a major part of weight loss and thus should be considered a main section.......... Some of the very first comments we get from them are "what should I eat?", "does this diet plan look ok" or "make a diet plan for me"...........................

In my opinion its;
#1 FOOD
#2 Excercise
With a mindset change being a pre-requisite for both.

I tend to agree with the OP. Nutrition/cooking is so important (apart from for the genetically lucky who don't use this forum) that it deserves more prominence.

I started with the idea (hope) that I could drop 50lbs by working out but essentially eating the same. In fact I learned that fixing my nutrition was 80% of the battle. No-one can out train poor nutrition.

Nutrition is the problem for all of us. We think that being fat is the problem and it isn't. Being obese is a symptom of the problem. The problem is poor nutrition. Fix that and we fix the obesity.

Let's contribute to the subsection along with alerting new ones of its existence. We'll have a great collection of cooking tips and methods yet!

I want to bring this issue back up to the top again, because I really feel the cooking forum is a like a jack in box, just waiting to explode with healthy goodness!!!!
Pretty please with sugar on it,....
Can we at least TRY to make it a regular forum for a while, and see how that works?
PRETTY PLEEEEZZEE?????
(help us unhealthy fat bastards learn how to cook healthy!!!)

ýòî ìîé îòâåò

Tato domena je na predaj !

Back