Getting Over

twinkles

Over the Thanskgiving weekend, I didn't stick to my diet. I thought I could survive this holiday, but I was wrong...I planned to eat whatever I wanted for one day, but with all the leftovers I went beyond that. I ate chocolate cake, enchiladas, bread, pizza, and pumpkin pie these last three days. I didn't gain any weight though, I knew I had to work it off and ran for an hour every day. I even went bike riding on Friday. If I had eaten healthier these last few days, those workouts could've gone to burning the fat I already have. I'm not too proud of myself right now. Atleast it's Monday and I have a fresh start...

Well my past few days were about like yours. You need to look on the positive side. You maintianed your current weight. And as you said you have a fresh start. Just get right back on track. I have to do the same thing. At least you got in exercise. I went shopping on Sat. and was too tired to think about exercise this weekend. Good Luck!

if u keep to a regular diet, one day of binging a week should not affect your weight at all. your body well get to a confort zone ... if u eat too much or not enough, it will adjust your metabolism to compensate ... and, this is the reason why losing weight can be so tough, sometimes ... your body simply says "nope, i'm good where i am"

Still Going

Hey guys, thanks for your support...I'm eating healthy again, veggies, fruits, tuna, chicken, and some wheat bread. I would like to know what the rest of you eat throughout the day and what you do to workout. Oh, and what is the first thing you would like to do after you lose the weight...I want to wear a bikini :p

well, i don't know if my eating habits (being a guy) are any help, but i eat pretty simple ... no large meals. Bowl of Vector w/ skim milk to start the day. Yogurt snack. Some sort of pasta for lunch (my biggest meal). Fruit snack. Granola snack. Some kind of meat for dinner ... usually Chicken. Then, a protein shake for dinner.

I'm not sure i would slip into a bikiki once i get into good shape again, but something along those lines ;)

Is anyone ever satisfied?

My friend who weighs about 110 or less, told me she hates being skinny... :confused:When I asked her why, she said it was because she can't find pants her size and the only ones that fit her good are from the little girls' section. She also said her sisters tell her she has no butt...She said my body was the perfect size. That was too weird. Here I am trying to get small like her, and she wouldn't mind looking like me. I still want to go down to 120 no matter what my friends say. I don't know if I will ever be satisfied with my weight, are you?

that's a good point ... we are always our own worst critic ... i think, even if you are ripped (for a guy), you will still find something wrong ... something isn't big enough, muscle wise, or there is just a little too much fat somewhere else ... it's really a lose, lose battle ... however, you may not think you are in "perfect" shape, but when you look in the mirror and admire yourself for a couple seconds, you can be happy.

I think we need to learn to love our body. Nobody's body is perfect, although some of them might appear to be. I was starting to love my body, but then I put on a few more pounds and that made my self esteam go way down. Now that I am starting to work out more regular and eat healthy I am starting to feel beter about myself. I still have issues when I look in the mirror at my whole body. I try to stay away from the mirror but it is very hard I have a huge wall mirror in my bedroom. Anyway I think you should work on loving your body the way it is. And eat healthy and workout regularly to immprove your health (while losing some weight at the same time). Thats the way I'm trying to look at it. I am eating better to get healthier and I'm also starting to lose weight.

HI there,

you have the right attitude towards your weigh-loss. Thanksgiving is over and you can start new.

We have to feel comfortable, no matter what others say. That's how it is, right.
Even if everybody around us says otherwise. Not that they do with me:D

Thanks for your responses. I hope you guys didn't get the wrong impression. That was just another person's opinion, and I don't let things like that get to my head. As the days go by I begin to appreciate my body, by noticing the good things about it and not paying to much attention to the flaws. The most important thing to me right now is getting my stomach toned. A while back I tried cortislim and I was able to drop an additional 15 lbs. within a month. I noticed that the little extra fat I had on my stomach was able to go away. I want to know what others think about diet supplements.

I have never tried any and I don't intend to. I don't know, I just want to do it with diet and exercise (which leaves much to be desired:rolleyes: ). So, sorry, but I can't help you with that.

My boyfriend got mad :mad: at me. He says I don't realize how he supports me in my dieting. :confused: He constantly tells me I'm skinnie :D and look really good, but it doesn't have the same effect anymore. :rolleyes: I guess I don't take him seriously when he compliments me.

I'm trying the pills again. I have already dropped 2 pounds in 2 days. :) They make me eat less, it's not that I don't get hungry anymore...I feel like I have something to be loyal to now(Diet wise). I have a couple of formal events coming up next year, so I'm looking forward to slimming down a bit more. What are your motivations?

Last edited:
I was thinking of trying trimspa or something to help me lose weight faster, but I'm afraid to try it now when I have finals and a house sitting job to do. I think if I try the pills it will be in January, but I am a little afraid of the side effects, and I may never try them because in January I am going to begin seeing a nutritionist. But let me know what you have experienced from your pills please.

I've lost 4 more pounds this week. My stress has gone way down and my stomach flatter. I know someone who used to use trimpsa, but those pills made her really grouchy and she stopped using them. These cortislim pills are supposed to make you have less stress. It burns the cortisol that makes u have a little bulge on your belly if u stress alot.

Congratulations on your weight loss, if you think that cortislim is for you go for it. Im a little scared of things like that myself, Im not sure why?
MERRY CHRISTMAS

congratulations on your recent weight loss!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Back