Gender and Gyms!!

1 - I go to get in shape/stay in shape - really enjoy the break from a regular day and some time by myself.

2 - schedule changes and travel will keep me out of there. Going to the gym is now a lifestyle for me so if I miss a day it isn't the end of the world. I do hate to miss a day when I am in a good routine though.

3 - I talk to some people there, made some friendships, but not at all why I go. I like to get to business.

4 - I'd say about 50/50 guys and girls.

There are actually quite a few ladies who will work out pretty hard with the regular free weights. There are a couple of competative bodybuilders and some that compete in "shape shows(?)." They train others who want to get in good shape and they hang out in the freeweights area. It is a big open floorplan too, so there aren't really "sections" so that may make them feel a little more comfortable.

Old thread, so please pardon....

I go to the gym because I wanna get in shape obviously, but I like the fact that it gets me OUT of the house and forces me to work-out. I have an exercise bike at home and I haven't used it in years!

Not necessarily need the social gain - but I enjoy talking to people and getting to know them.

Besides that - there's some nice eye candy at the gym. I am married -but that'll never stop me from enjoying the scenery! Ohhh yeah!!!

Why do you really go to the gym? Get fit for the military
What may stop you going to the gym? Injury.
Is your reason for going a social gain? No.
Do more men or women go to your gym? Both.

1. Stay Healthy for my Baby boy...
2. Everything, willpower keeps me from stopping
3. Not at all. Try to avoid people there.
4. Equal

No way will I quit the gym

I will not every stop going to the gym unless I become deathly ill. A friend got me into going about 10 years ago, and at that time I wasn''t that into it, but it became a big part of my life. Now I will not allow anyone to sabatoge my workouts, not even my husband. I became certified as a trainer and started a fitness blog so I could be in a fitness environment. I enjoy going to my group training classes because there are other people their who share the same passion as I do.

Brianna
witnessforfitness

I have a set up at home. SO much better than the gym and can lift whenever I want.

Back