Gastric Band or Gastric Balloon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalWorldAMT

After visited the other forum talking about gastric band and this forum about gastric balloon,
just thought it might be good to have a comparison between these two.

The major difference between gastric balloon and gastric band is that the procedure for gastric
balloon is non-invasive, and the procedure for gastric band requires invasive surgery. Since
there is more risk involved with gastric band, so it requires longer period of time to recover.

For patients who look for a temporary weight loss solution, gastric balloon is the option for
them, because they can return to normal life within a short time. While for patients who have a
larger weight loss goal, gastric band should be considered. When done properly and effectively,
gastric band could lose about 10% more than those with gastric balloon.
(Please refer to http://www.gastricbands.co.uk/Gastric-Band-or-Gastric-Balloon.php)

However, since it seems like quite complex for both methods and there might even be quite a bit
of risk involved in gastric band, so it would be a good idea to try to search for other methods
if possible. A particular diet focuses on take fat burning foods and negative calorie foods more
often. This type of food would increases metabolism and requires more calories to digest.
(Please refer to http://weightlossfast888.webs.com/foods_to_lose_weight.htm)

when they say Gastric balloon is "non invasive", think again, OK, so its not surgery, however something foreign is going into your stomache. You will be on medications, you will likely be sick for several days and for many for several weeks and if you are like me, your body may reject it entirely and you will have to have it removed early, I urge people to ask their clinic if considering getting a balloon, ask them what if any will be refunded should you reject the balloon.

ADoes anyone know what gastric balloons cost? I contacted the jump6 people, but they want me to either give them my phone number, or travel 3 hrs each way for a consultation. Other than saying it's $200/month they won't pin down an actual total price...

ADoes anyone know what gastric balloons cost? I contacted the jump6 people, but they want me to either give them my phone number, or travel 3 hrs each way for a consultation. Other than saying it's $200/month they won't pin down an actual total price...

you can figure around 8 thousand plus taxes if you are in Ontario. So approx 9 grand.

That is what I paid for a Jump 6 program in Ontario.

AThank you! That what I figured, but when I emailed jump6 they wouldn't give me any real pricing ideas unless I either gave them my phone number, or booked a consult. Sigh! Gonna look into the Wharton Clinic and the local gastric clinic as they are covered by OHIP.

There is no comparison with the lap band and the gastric balloon due to the gastric balloon is indicated only for patients super obese that present too much health problems that is risky to have any other kind of surgery under general anesthesia and the marketing companies have used balloon as a procedure for eny person that has overweight only with the intension to make money. There are precise indications for the lap band patients over 18 years old yunger than 60 and with MBI body mass index over 35.

Then there is no comparison, if anyone has a question please contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back