Gastric balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kags

I had a gastric balloon inserted on 17th January and am still being very sick on a daily basis, also having occasional diarrhoea and a lot of acid indigestion. From what I can see it's not so unusual to still be being sick after more than two weeks even though this was never mentioned as a possibility by the clinic. I seem to be ok with yoghurt, milk, crispbreads and small amounts of soup but anything resembling a very small meal seems to come back up. I wondered if anyone could give me any tips on what tends to stay down/ cause minimal discomfort? Also is it true that you shouldn't eat after 6? Any tips at all on making this more bearable would be great, thanks x

You might be rushing things too much, could take up to 10 weeks to build back up to solid food transitioning through soups and purees to allow the stomach to adjust.

Tourny

of course most clinics probably don't tell you this prior to the procedure!!!! Its been over a year since I had a failed balloon and I am still angry. I have made some dietary adjustments such as eliminating sugar, bread and I have lost the same amount of weight without spending 9 grand and I haven't vomitted once. Please, there are people who will not be able to tolerate the balloon( like what I experienced) and I am sure some clinics also don't tell people that as well.

hi im looking to hve the gastric balloon at prague beauty at the end of this month does anyone have any experience of this hospital? thanks x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back