G8r80's training / dieting / cycling / log

Back at ya, Jackie!

Monday: Bench press: 135#x5, 185#:5, 4, 4, 225# x1 (failed on 2nd rep).
Chinups: 5x6
Squats: 155#:5, 5, 5, 5, 1. Felt a sharp twinge in left groin and stopped.
40 minutes of intervals on stationary bike; 142 avg. heart rate on intervals, 123 avg. heart rate during active recovery

:)

a sharp twinge - hope everything is ok

xx

Yeah, Jackie, that had me concerned. Much better today. 10 mile run in 1:45. The groin pull from yesterday bothered me at first, but was not a factor after a half mile.

Thanks for asking!

Today: 1200 yards in pool. Felt efficient, albeit slow (2:20 / 100 yards)
Bench press: 135#x5, 185#x5, 185#x4
Pullups: 5
30 minutes on stationary bike
Overall, sluggish and tired. Yesterday's run took a lot out of me..

Yeah, Jackie, that had me concerned. Much better today. 10 mile run in 1:45. The groin pull from yesterday bothered me at first, but was not a factor after a half mile.

Thanks for asking!

ok thats good to know

whoa a 10 mile run, wish i could do that

x

Thanks Jackie,

Took last 3 days off. 2 were rest days, but the last day was just busy.

Today: 1200 yards in pool, 30:00, 6 miles on bike (21:30).

Sunday: 7 mile run. 71:00

Saturday:
Bench press: 135#x5, 185#x5, 205#x1, 225#x1
Parallel bar pullups: 5x6
Deadlifts: 225#x5x5
Stationary bike: 1:30
Indoor track: 30#

Friday: 3 miles on treadmill

Thursday: 1 miles on treadmill. 45:00 on stationary bike.

Wednesday: 2 miles on treadmill. 45:00 on stationary bike.

Tuesday: 1:30 on stationary bike. 6 chinups.

Monday: 20 minutes on stationary bike

1 mile swim, 45:00. Swim felt strong.
30 minutes on stationary bike
3x5 parallel bar pullups
bench press: 135x5, 185x2. Shoulders hurt after swimming

I was really busy on the home front and only worked out one day last week. Lame.

Today:
Bench press: 135#x5, 185#x3x5
Chins: 1x5
Dips: 3x10
Run: 6 miles on indoor track. 18.5 laps = 1 mile. That is 111 laps if you're counting.
30 minutes on stationary bike.

Hi, you've kept your log going for a long time! When cycling, do you aim at a certain wattage?

Great journal, I am new to triathlon, I was wondering if you know any good books or websites where I can get good information on swimming? I have been reading a couple triathlon magazines and looked at a website, perfecttri.com that was helpful, but I am still struggling in the water. Thanks alot!

Great journal, I am new to triathlon, I was wondering if you know any good books or websites where I can get good information on swimming? I have been reading a couple triathlon magazines and looked at a website, perfecttri.com that was helpful, but I am still struggling in the water. Thanks alot!

Swimming is by far the toughest leg for me and most triathletes who were not high school or college competitive swimmers. Beginnertriathlon.com has beginner to expert triathletes. Also, you might want to look into Total Immersion books or DVDs. They didn't help me much. Have you had swim coaching?

Hi, you've kept your log going for a long time! When cycling, do you aim at a certain wattage?

Hi Dutchie. Sometimes I aim for wattage, other times I aim for distance, other times for speed, and other times for heart rate. I think it is good to ride a lot but ride at different paces.

Sunday:

Weights:
barbell bench press: 135#:1x12, 185#:2x4, 205#:1x1, 225#:1x1
dumbbell bench press: 75#:4x6
chinups: 6x6
deadlift: 225#:5x5, 275#x1
1:30 on stationary bike. Intervals for 1st hour, 180watt steady state for 30 minutes.

Saturday: Held 262 watts on stationary bike for 41:00.

Friday: busy with work and life

Thursday: Held 200 watts on the stationary bike for 1:40:00.

Wednesday: Hard work day. 1 hour on stationary bike. 800 yards in pool - kicks and laps.

Tuesday: 1.5 hour on lousy recumbent stationary bike

Monday: Busy with life and work

Neither have I, Jackie. I'm doing great - working hard, which is a good thing, I guess. I had to put the weight training on the back burner because triathlon season is coming up. I do my first triathlon of the year a week from Saturday. How have you been?

Working out 5 - 6 days / week. Did the Tri-Shark Sprint triathlon last Saturday for the third consecutive year. This was my best result of the three.

Been busy.

Today:
Bench press: 135#: 2x15, 9 (to failure)
Seated cable pulls: 150#: 2x20, 1x15
1 hour on spinning bike; 1/2 seated climbs, 1/2 standing climbs

Picture of me after Tri-Shark Triathlon:

Last edited:
How to do 7 minute workout - 3 days per week with EXCELLENT RESULTS!

How to do 7 minute workout - 3 days per week with EXCELLENT RESULTS!

Joel & Chris below is my entry for the Contest........

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS!

.....that's an oxymoron isn't it?

I mean how is this possible?

Best of all it really WORKS!

This unique innovative exercise and weight loss system is the brainchild of Joel Therien and co-founder Chris Reid. It is called and is taking the Fitness and Weight Loss Industry by storm. It is FUN and EASY and ultimately you only workout for a day-3x per week. That in itself is unheard of and the fact that it WORKS makes it even more amazing and unusual.

Both Joel and Chris have been using this system for the past 20+ years while they were both competitive athletes in World Class competition.

Joel Therien - was a very successful Body Building athlete in World competition.

Chris Reid - won the World Power Breaking Champion in Tae Kwon-Do in 2004.

They lived and breathed this system and become products of this system of training and weight control. It catapulted them into successful competitive World class athletes and they have adhered to this program ever since they left the circuit and continued on with their careers.

The program has a proven track record and has been tested for a number of years and shows quantifiable results which will "rock" the foundation and myths of the traditional style and methods now being adhered to by the Fitness Industry. is dedicated in pursuing and attaining optimum health as a Worldwide mantra and is bringing this tried and true system to HELP in the fight against obesity and lifestyle excesses.

Through this exciting program anyone can become the BEST THEY CAN BE! After all everybody can find 7 Minute Workout during the day to exercise and increase their strength and stamina. The age old excuse of I don't have time does not exist anymore, NOR does the "I hate to exercise" retort...because believe it or not, after starting you will actually LOVE to exercise and will LOOK FORWARD to it.

Who can do it? Anybody.....

- all ages

- all shapes and sizes

- all levels of fitness (beginner, intermediate, advanced)

- all health issue levels

The program is simple and effective, cost is very affordable, staff support and training is phenomenal, and the ongoing motivation and interest in your personal WELFARE and SUCCESS is excellent.

promises not only to give you weight loss and physical fitness BUT it will give you flexibility, vitality, enjoyment and a feeling of WELL BEING and personal accomplishment. You will look better and feel better.

The created by Joel proves why short duration exercise increases the desire to workout. He has developed 2 successful network marketing businesses GVO & GVO Conference and is about to launch as a home based business opportunity in a multimillion dollar marketing niche. You don't want to miss out on this extraordinary opportunity!

Glad your triathlon results are improving :)
Thanks Ryan.

I have had to back off on weight training as I step up to a full Ironman in November. Today: 1.2 mile (2150 yards) swim in 52:00, 1 hour on stationary bike.

Back