Weight-Loss Fruit - Good or Bad?

Weight-Loss

MaxMass

Despite having a widely active lifestyle overall, I have never found myself indulging in fruit or even including it as a main part of my diet. However I would now like this to change as I seem to have more of a taste for it. I was always told - and therefore always passed the knowledge onto others - that fruit is good. Five a day and all that.

But now things seem to have changed with more people than ever cutting fruit from their diet altogether. Whilst other diet plans recommend days where you eat nothing BUT fruit! Which is correct here?

I would just like to have a clear answer to this before I do a fruit food shop.
Which fruit is good and which is bad?
How much should you eat per day?
Can you eat too much?
Will it make you put on weight or help you to lose it?
Is it good for strength and stamina?

Thank you for any information. Fruit is the one thing I have never been clear on.

There are many approaches to a healthy diet, and most work so both approaches to fruit are correct, and successfully loose fat.

Fruit contains a lot of nutrients, however it also contains a lot of sugar, If you can hit all of your nutrient needs without fruit through eating low carb nutritious vegetables (and meat if you are not vegetarian) then it is fine not to have fruit but if you like fruit then eat fruit, get the nutrients from it but be aware of the sugar content.

for good strength and stamina you need protein, not something your going to get from fruit.

I achieve on average 97% of my micro nutrient targets without touching fruit in general (I don't need to), I may have some berries occasionally, however I also have an allergic reaction to several types of fruit. It works but so does eating fruit If you don't over do it.

I agree, if I'm maintaining my weight I'll have a piece or maybe a couple a day because there are so many great fruits from a nutrition point of view, but if I'm cutting a bit of weight I'll eliminate fruit completely because I go the 'low sugar' way when I want to cut a bit of fat, and I'll replace the fruit with veg.

Thank you. I think I might eat 1 fruit per day and try to keep sugar and carbs low in other areas. After having not eaten much fruit for most of my life, I've recently discovered how much I like apples, oranges, and peaches.

Back