Fresh Start

I'm starting it tonight! Like most everyone else, I USED to be in shape. I've never been big or cut, but I used to be in shape and have my six pack and I was tone. Well, it's official. I'm the skinny guy with a gut :mad: . I'm not happy with me and I'm changing it. I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 175 or so, I'm looking to tone up first and then hopefully add some weight later. I don't want to lose much weight b/c I'm already pretty skinny.

Here's my plan: (to start)
Nightly Jogs - Starting with 1 mile and working up.
Crunches - At least 3 variations per night
- 3 sets of 20 of each variation
Push-ups - At least 25 per night
Pull-ups - At least 15 per night
Back-Stretches? - As many as I can daily

I currently take the stairs at my office everyday and we're on the fourth floor so that's going to continue to be my leg work out. I skip steps to get good extension, like doing a lunges uphill.

Does this sound like it's a good start? I plan on increasing reps every couple of weeks. I could use some good variations of push-ups and crunches that will reduce love handles. I've heard that working some types of crunches actually build the love handles. I plan to do push-ups with my feet on the couch.

I'll try to post pics every couple of weeks to see any progress, but I'd love to get some feedback. So what do ya think?

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 114
Don't forget the diet component.

I have thought about it and the diet is something I'm struggling with. I'm not a big snacker but there is some I can cut out there. I'm planning on replacing the chips in my daily lunch with carrots. I don't eat breakfast, I have a sandwhich and chips (carrots starting soon) for lunch and I eat whatever I can find for dinner. I have some crackers for a mid-morning snack but that's it. I'll be eating dinner before I work out so that should help right?

Thanks

You need to have a protein rich meal after workout. Its a must. There are lots of posts around regarding this :) Search for diets etc..

Day 0

Came home to a Exxon Valdez type problem. Our 1200 gallon pond apparently tried to eat my grill. Ok, so it was windy and someone forgot to lock the wheels on the grill and splash down. Anyway I was up until 10:30 fixing that problem, so Day 1 starts tonight!

No Setbacks!

Back