For endurance

I am going to be running/jogging for endurance, but I am only in decent shape, I am going to be doing 1 mile in a loop around my neighborhood 3 times and I'm pretty sure I can't run/jog 3 miles straight, or even 1 mile straight, so for 1 mile should I run/jog as much as I can then walk the rest of the mile then on mile 2 run/jog for as long as possible then walk the rest of the mile. OR should I run/jog as long as I can then walk until I get my breathe back then run/jog again for a while.

SO BASICALLY, FOR 1 MILE SHOULD I RUN/JOG FOR AS LONG AS I CAN THEN WALK THE LEFT OVER MILEAGE OR FOR 1 MILE SHOULD I RUN/JOG AS LONG AS I CAN THEN WALK TILL I FEEL LIKE I CAN RUN/JOG AGAIN? do you understnad what I mean?

I'm going to suggest a third option. The best endurance-building routine for people who are just beginning to run is to run in intervals. Begin with shorter running and longer walking intervals, then progress so that you're running for longer periods. (example: Run for 1 minute, walk for 2. As you get better, Run for 2-3 minute, walk for 1.)

There are 2 main types of runners, distance bias and pace runners, the first are easier and Jrahien has covered the best beginners routine for them possible.

This will also still work for pace runners but we are a weird crew who once we settle into a pace can keep going as long as we like so finding our pace is key. If you find that shifting pace around a lot is not great for you it could be that you are another pace biased runner.
If this is so you need to find your comfortable moving pace and that is not easy. The only safe way to do it as a beginner is start at just over walking pace and keep going, for a mile or so. If this is fast enough keep to it until it feels too easy, then increase pace a tiny amount for a mile or so when you are comfortable to do so.
Pace runners make lousy sprinters but the longer the distance the more followers we see disappear.

What works best for you, depends on you. Generic run walk intervals are a good safe start which work most of the time, but be prepared to need other stuff if this doesn't work.

It is important to work on your endurance. Apart from working out or running, it is also crucial to provide your body with the necessary nutrition. You can opt for some good health and fitness products available online and start utilizing them on a daily basis. This will help you in maintaining the energy level throughout the day.

Back