Foods that drain Calcium......

weezy1

We are bombarded daily with unhealthy choices at our supermarkets....and yet we don't even realize it.

After I got Osteo I began to read about what depletes calcium and just starting with three common food items: refined white sugar; Coffee; refined white flour.

When I got to the info on dairy, meat and poultry I was NOT impressed.

2 great books with tons of info on what is good and what is bad - "What Your Docotor May Not Tell You About Menapause (Dr. Lee) and Eat Right Live Longer (Dr. Neal Barnard). Barnard has TONS of amazing recipes....

Attachments

• weezypromo3d.jpg
    weezypromo3d.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 254
please don't tell me that I have to give up my coffee. I reduced it quite a bit already and drink mostly caffeine free - is that ok, or just as bad??

Caffeine

Originally posted by Natalie
please don't tell me that I have to give up my coffee. I reduced it quite a bit already and drink mostly caffeine free - is that ok, or just as bad??

Natalie,

I don't think it's the actual coffee that does the calcium in, I think it's the caffeine. So I should have included tea also.

I think too that we have to look at amounts of caffeine taken from ALL food sources.

I doubt that a cup of coffee is going to be a huge problem, but if you add in, pop, prepared foods, refined white sugar (contained in all types of food products), normal salt (contained in all types of food products), the combination of bad foods that we eat, containing caffeine, salt , white flour and white sugar...now you have the calcium depletion issue.

Keep a diary of everything that you consume every day for one week. Keep track of all the ingredients. You may be surprised at how many of the "bad" things you are consuming.

If that doesn't drive you to another cup of coffee.......,.:p

Hey thanks - I'll try that diary ...maybe I'll just start one here:)...hopefully the results aren't that bad....

Back