Floater's diary

Yay for nourishing your body! Making something for an art exhibit sounds like a great project.
Even if they don´t accept my works, you miss 100% of the chances you don´t take! I´ll just have fun and do my best!

Had a one-hour walk with my ex and a 1,5-hour walk with his brother who´s staying at their place for the summer so got my low impact cardio for today. Now at home, I need to eat something. I had one big can of Red Bull between the walks (migraine is here with a vengeance and caffeine and taurine help a bit) so I´won´t have anything carb heavy before I go to bed. I´ll start with 100g of turkey and wait a bit to see if it´s enough or if I need something else.

Eating well, planning for an art exhibition & getting some quality walks in sounds like looking after yourself well to me. I hope that migraine goes away soon & you get some quality sleep, Arvo xo

Thanks forum mom! I slept soundly and almost around the clock :eek: Then again, I got pretty sleep deprived in the last few weeks so I probably needed it. Had weird nightmares. My psyche is flushing out something, big time. Contagion was a theme. Yuck.

Sleep is the best healer of trauma, so given all that's happened I'm extra glad you're getting some solid hours of it.
:grouphug: It was a long dream with several "scenes", one that stuck with me was happening at autumn, mist crawling from the fields. I had left a party I didn´t want to be at and headed to the supermarket to get food. There was a national emergency broadcast from the supermarket´s speakers that told everyone to stay inside, so me and other shoppers blocked the doors and noted that at least holed up in there we wouldn´t run out of food and drink. But as new information began to emerge and the officials stated that the lockdown is due to an infectious disease spread by humans, everyone began to panic. I started to realize that some people didn´t panic at all but instead seemed to delight in the situation. The staff organized a census count to find out who were in the supermarket, and at that point I got a bad feeling and tried to slink away. Made my way down the ice tea and juice isle and when people hollered at me to join the queue for the census, I tried to make up excuses and GTFO. On my way out, one of the clerks, a young woman, whispered to me that isn´t there something really strange going on? I turned to look at her, and she ripped out her false eyelashes and stung my eye with them, then giggled maniacally. I immediately understood that she had infected me; after all, her bodily fluids were on the falsies, even if in tiny amounts. I bargained to myself - maybe this isn´t that bad, it´s not a huge amount, blood or saliva would be so much worse. But I knew it wasn´t true. I knew I was done for and headed outside without anyone stopping me. I knew it would probably be better to stay inside and not spread the infection, but if this was all it took, would there really be any uninfected outside? I wanted to go die in the woods at least and not under the fluorescent lights. Brrr.

I prepped two bowls of blackcurrants, almonds, dried ground cherries, soy flakes, quark, and honey. Put the AC on the lowest setting even though it takes more electricity because I decided that today I´m gonna send the paperwork to the equality ombudsman. I could hit the gym, but that would be procrastinating with this extremely unpleasant task. And as today is the height of midsummer celebrations, there are going to be a ton of drunk and disorderly people at the city center and I don´t want to get sexually harassed by drunks. Right now my psyche can´t take it. I guess it goes to show how important transitioning is/was to me; I was able to push myself beyond my anxiety and agoraphobia to lose weight for that. But now that I´ve been condemned to a yet unknown time in this body, I need to readjust and think of ways to best adapt to the situation without putting too much strain on my psyche.

When I came back from my walks last night there was a thick mist on the fields and tonight I presume it will be there too, as the weather is similar to yesterday´s. Tonight I want to take a midnight walk in the mist.

I procrastinated by prepping four portions of cold soup with oats, soy protein, edamame, peas, cuke, scallions, ginger, and spices. But I guess it´s pretty benign procrastination, because I am not likely to be very functional after having to revisit the trans clinic paperwork and the trauma related to it. I´ll take out my vacuum cleaner and reward myself by cleaning up after the task is done. Eughhhh why does life have to suck so hard sometimes.

Snack: two eggs, one banana.

Last edited:
Phew I sent the statements. I still need to figure out how to send the doctor´s notes to the equality ombudsman, but this is enough for today.

Wrapping things up at the gym. Going to have a protein shake and head home, I need to wash sports bras tonight, I'm out of clean ones.

Bought a Red Bull on my way home. I already mentioned this to Llama, but I started a 4-week retreat of silence today. I'll type as uush, but I'll only speak if necessary. Emergencies, psychotherapy and situations where not saying anything would be seen as very rude are exceptions. But I feel like I need to make room for silence in my life for a bit. Maybe I can sense God better and find guidance in this difficult time in my life.

Thanks forum mom!

Night walk was lovely. No mist, but I climbed up the big hill and up and down the exercise stairs there for a bit. Going down the stairs is not that easy with my glasses that distort my field of vision lol. But running up the stairs from the ground to the halfway point felt EASY. I got barely winded. Had to hold on to my chesticles though because the jiggle makes me nauseous with dysphoria. Maybe one day that's gone. But I remember doing those stairs back when I started weight loss and the difference is night & day.

I feel hungry. I'll have 100g of turkey and if I still feel hungry after a bit, I'll have something else too. It feels tempting to stay hungry but I do NOT want to go back to the mindset I was in when I was resticting and behaving like an asshole. So turkey it is.

But running up the stairs from the ground to the halfway point felt EASY. I got barely winded.
Very impressive!
I feel hungry. I'll have 100g of turkey and if I still feel hungry after a bit, I'll have something else too. It feels tempting to stay hungry but I do NOT want to go back to the mindset I was in when I was resticting and behaving like an asshole. So turkey it is.
Good thinking xo

Very impressive!

Good thinking xo
Haha yeah I didn't expect that, as I have not been running at all. I guess the cardio hours spent swimming and aqua jogging do translate to improvement in running fitness after all. Maybe I could add running to my exercise menu as long as I start VERY slowly to not mess up my bad knee? Running up the stairs should be easier on my knees than running long distance (or down the stairs).

Had the turkey, still hungry half an hour later, so I'll have quark+ soy flakes + berries I prepped earlier. It's slow to eat so probably a more satiating option than cold soup.

Still a bit hungry. I'll wait 30 mins and if I'm still hungry I'll have one portion of cold soup and two boiled eggs.

I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

30 mins turned to two hours. It's 5AM and I don't think I'll sleep tonight. Gonna get up, have two eggs & green soup, and the minimum dose of my ADHD meds because sometimes it helps my brain wind down.

Thanks forum mom!

Going down the stairs is not that easy with my glasses that distort my field of vision lol.
I thought that was just me! I got laser surgery on my eyes 20ish years ago so these days I can even go without glasses for a while if I need to but I still have next to no sense of depth so walking down stairs (or worse: downhill on a rocky path) always feels like a gamble.
I remember doing those stairs back when I started weight loss and the difference is night & day.
:hurray: General cardio, improved leg strength, plus a little less weight would absolutely translate into an easier time walking/running up stairs. Definitely not easier on the knees than normal running though, no matter how slowly you take it.

Back