Five Days Post Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janey Estrada

I just was fitted for my gastric balloon last Tuesday. I have to say - this is harder to adjust too than I thought. I had extreme nausea and vomiting for the first three days, and lots of spasming and cramping. can definately tell there is something in there and it feels foreign.

Trying to stay strong Does it get better?

Hello Janey,

I'm on day five post/insertion today .. I was lucky that it worries me. I only vomited on the first day after insertion of the balloon, the second day I was uncomfortable with lots of cramping of course & my mother told me that I was in pain while sleeping. On the third day it started to get better that I went out to make some errands but I couldn´t & went back home. The following day I was great & I went shopping. Today is my fifth day and I feel fine .. of course I feel the bloating and cramps every now & then but generally I´m ok.

What worries me is the hunger pain I have .. it didn´t matter to me because I was on soup, yoghurt, apple juice and tea with skimmed milk, today I was really hungry and had soup (a lot: 2 cups) and 2 small pieces of turkey burger, I didn´t know that I should´nt switch to solid food now, but anyway I did, I didn´t get sick as many do I feethe food that I ate at noon in my throat till now.

Hi
How are you girls getting on with your balloon. Would be good to hear about your progress as I'm not 11 days post insertion and you guy's had it done seveal months ago now.
Thanks
Sacha (UK)

Hi Trisha
I was very lucky and was only sick a few times...I wasn't sick after the 2nd day although did feel nauseous for a few days...but I think I'm exception to the rule...I got off very lightly.
There is another thread on here if you fancy taking a look at it. More people are on there sharing there experiences and advise. It's over 74 pages long as it was started around 6 years ago but if you go straight to page 73/74 you can read the recent threads of us that have had the procedure this year.
If you copy and paste the following thread it will hopefully take you there.
http://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/56466-Any-New-Ballooners?p=860219#post860219
Good luck
Sacha xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back