FitAnn Weight Loss Diary-

The more you tell us about all your outside projects, the more jealous I get! My dad lets his hair grow over winter "to keep warm" and when my mom cuts it short in spring he puts it out into the garden for birds to gather up like your alpaca wool.

Cate, I will do my best so you get your house clean too! Spring is just here and with all the yard work, -I mow 2 acres, trimming, gardens and my work shop I spend as little time in the house as possible. so the deep cleaning now is just so I can go a long time with minimal cleaning. BTW I didn't touch the fridge yesterday.
I often have a big spurt of autumn cleaning probably because I know that in winter I have less get up and go.
I love what you plan on doing for all of the birds at your place!

I puttered around in my workshop, I had 3 more macrame bags, so I stuffed them with the wool and hung them out for the birds. Sunny here in the mid 50's but very windy. I went into town and picked up cookies for my dog and food for me. The nearest store is 10 miles away so I plan my trips to get many errands done at one time.

I was productive yesterday, calories were 1100, steps 4600. It was sunny and in the 50's so it was uplifting to be outside,. The longer days and warmer weather make me feel better. I need lumber and a local store will deliver for a flat fee of $16. I have a truck but the bed is short and I don't like driving with lumber hanging over the tail gate. I will make a good list and get some extra 2 x 4's as I always find a use for them. I need to build a table with wheels to hold one of my power tools so I can roll it out of the way when I am done with it.

I need to load the trash and go to the dump, then I will hit lumber store. At some point I will need to gas up the truck. 2 weeks ago I paid $4.75/gallon, I know it has come down since then.

Germany is currently at over 2€/liter. It's coming down though. Only 1.70 or so here in Austria but I don't drive anyway.

Petrol here is well over $2 a litre. I think it is always much cheaper in the US than here. We have to drive everywhere.
Well done on a very productive day!

I changed my plans before I left the house! I decided I didn't want to go to the dump so went to another lumber store and bought 6 foot long boards that fit into my truck bed. I got home and built the table with wheels for one of my tools. Now I have freed up counter workspace and I can get busy making things out there. Nicely sunny here but the wind was dreadful. Made it feel much colder than 40's F. I think much of the same tomorrow, talk of freezing rain tomorrow night into Thursday, and I have seen the 4 letter word SNOW thrown around for Friday and Saturday as well.

I need to get my dog and I outside to practice obedience, we have a competition on Sunday and a trial the Sunday after. We are sadly out of practice and at 12 years old he tends to think he can do what ever he wants to.

Wind chill can make SUCH a difference. What kind of dog do you have?
Otis is a black lab, he is a rescue and we have been together for almost 10 years, he was almost 2 then. He is my constant companion. He hangs out with me when I am in the garden or in the garage, but he doesn't like the power tools and will go out and lay in the sun in his dog yard. Over the years he has competed in canine agility, dock diving, obedience, etc he is a lot of fun

Attachments

• Lake Bomoseen.jpg
    Lake Bomoseen.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1
What a beautiful boy. I love labs. Dock diving looks like heaps of fun. I just had a look at their site.

Thank you for the lovely comments on Otis. He is a perfect dog for me. I was productive today. I got my hair cut and colored, then went to the dump. I pulled 2 twelve foot boards off the old barn, pulled the nails out and cut them in half. I ran one through the planer, I hope to get at least 2 picture frames made on Friday, will be too cold to work out there tomorrow. I have a craft fair in a couple of weeks, and I need more items to sell. Food was not good today, I was in a hurry and just did not take the time. I bought something I thought I could be reasonable with, but I was not, so it won't be coming into my home again.

It is cold and rainy here, some sleet overnight. will be a good day to get some housecleaning done. I have been putting off stripping the bed, so that is the first thing on my list. Other than a few things on my dining room table all I need to do is run the vacuum through and do a little dusting. My food will be spot on today, I did my stupid thing and I am so over it. I won't let one messed up day derail my almost 4 months on program. What ever damage I did, I will undo and move on.

My food will be spot on today, I did my stupid thing and I am so over it. I won't let one messed up day derail my almost 4 months on program. What ever damage I did, I will undo and move on.
Excellent mindset. I'm currently sorely tempted to eat everything I can get my hand on but I really want to avoid the regret hangover that would follow...

I logged yesterday's indiscretion and I ate 1750 calories. So not as bad as it could have been. I didn't binge, I just ate something that should never have come home with me. So today back on plan.
I had toasted keto bread with vegan mayo lettuce and lean bacon for lunch, Atkins snack bars for snack, and I have 2 cheese souffles in the oven for dinner. that gives me 1127 calories for the day but because the day isn't over for almost 6 hours Fitbit says I am 129 over to hit my 1000 calorie deficit today. I will be fine by 9 pm.
Tomorrow I will work in the wood shop. I have 2 sconces here my father made for me 40+ years ago, the back wooden part is an antique drying board for squirrel pelts. no idea how he got them. I like the look so I will trace them out on the board, I can cut the square parts with table saw, but I will need the jig saw to try and cut the handle shaped part at the top. We will see how skillful and steady I am, lol. I plan for them to look rustic so that might be the easiest part. I would like to get 4 frames made over the weekend.

Llama- regret hangover, I like that term.

Tomorrow I will work in the wood shop. I have 2 sconces here my father made for me 40+ years ago, the back wooden part is an antique drying board for squirrel pelts. no idea how he got them. I like the look so I will trace them out on the board, I can cut the square parts with table saw, but I will need the jig saw to try and cut the handle shaped part at the top. We will see how skillful and steady I am, lol. I plan for them to look rustic so that might be the easiest part. I would like to get 4 frames made over the weekend.
That does sound really interesting. I would love to see a pic too if that's ok. I have a full-length, fully lined squirrel coat that my grandfather gave my grandmother, back in the 1930's I think. I still have the original receipt for it from a furrier in Melbourne. I just don't know what to do with it. My Mum insisted that I have it when my Nan died.

That sounds really cool, do you happen to have a picture?
I sure do, I have been busy out there most of day and taking pictures as I worked. Here is a picture of the pair of sconces I made. I cut out a second pair but have not attached hardware to them yet. I also made three 8 x 10 and one 5 x 7 picture frames.

Attachments

• 20220325_170356.jpg
    20220325_170356.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 7
I like them!

Back