feeling weird about being new

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniellak

Hello! I am daniella and I am new. (I feel like I am at a 12 step program.) I have a lot of weight to lose (over 100 lbs.) and I am choosing to work hard and accomplish it the old fashioned way. I like to exercise, so that's one thing I have going for me. I have been a member of a gym for almost 2 years and have been going semi-religiously, but I have not gotten the results I am looking for.

Recently, I have been going through some emotional stuff and I decided that I would wage a war against this fat on my body. I am very determined to make a change!

Anyway, I am guessing that I am not the typical person on here, but since I just joined I don't know that for sure. I am not surrounded by people in my life that like to be active, so I thought by coming on here I might find the support that I am looking for.

Hi D--

In what way do you feel atypical for this group? You sound like a lot of people I know.

I've kept off most of a big weight loss for about 6 years, but I want to take off the 10-15 pounds I've been struggling with for the last few years. I exercise about 6 days a week, doing cardio, strength, and stretching.

The thing that is frustrating is that despite healthy eating (almost always) and lots of exercise, it's more difficult to keep the numbers where I want them than it was in my 20's. But that's life. I have to deal with my frustrations by being proactive and then accepting what I can't change.

That's pretty much the truth for everyone, regardless of weight or activity level. I hope you find some support here and can motivate yourself to do what you have to do.

Welcome to the forum Danielle,

we all started at some point in time and are working our way towards our goal. Some methods are similar, some are different, but we all try to motivate and support each other

thanks

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I guess I feel atypical because I have SO MUCH weight to lose. I have only dabbled in this forum in the last couple of days, but it seems like most people are just working on a few pounds.

email me

hi, my name is Sue and I live in NYC. I'm trying to spread the word
to help other people ( I've had weight problems my whole life and I've finally found something that works and I want other people to know about it. I've found a website that has helped me, as well as a couple friends - I've lost 17 pounds in 2 months and I feel great. I don't want it to look like I'm spamming (I've seen it done), so if you email me at healthysue@hotmail.com I can give you the link right away. Good luck!!

Hi Daniellak,
Well I am glad that you were so honest as I am also new on here and have over 100 lbs to lose. (how did it ever get to that, the three kids???...inactive thyroid???...paying less attention to me!!!) Your honesty motivated me to be completely honest with myself here, and denial about many things has lead me down the path to my weight issues. So I figure, go for it, what do I have to loose but some unwanted pounds. I just know mentally this is the right time for me to take on my health and weight seriously and I am looking for support, and most of to have a few laughs along the way...I am sure I had alot of fun times as the weight came on, so I might as well have fun taking it off...good luck to you and all that read this message. Jennifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back