Experience with Melatonin?

ChocolateBunny

Last night, I purchased Melatonin gummies, each gummy being 5mg and the serving size being 2 to equal 10mg. I specifically looked for the highest dose as I've been waking up in the middle of the night.

I slept from about 21:00 to 5:20. After about 1.5 hours of being up, I found myself extremely exhausted or lazy, even. I woke up a few times but couldn't pull myself out of bed and was intentionally late to work. I can't tell if it's from the melatonin or a stressful week.

I Googled and a few websites recommend actually starting off with 1mg and going up to 5mg. I didn't realize a "supplement" could be so strong. I made the mistake of thinking it was more like a vitamin. o_O Please describe your experience with melatonin.

I took it for a while 15 years back and it mostly made me terribly itchy 🙈

I took it for a while 15 years back and it mostly made me terribly itchy 🙈
That’s very strange. It’s also interesting to have an allergic reaction to a hormone already inside you. Side effects are important to consider so thanks for the heads up.

It wasn't even an allergic reaction. A friend explained the hormonal pathways to me at some point but all I remember is that melatonin influences histamine, and since I had crippling eczema at the time that caused itching.

It wasn't even an allergic reaction. A friend explained the hormonal pathways to me at some point but all I remember is that melatonin influences histamine, and since I had crippling eczema at the time that caused itching.
Okay, that makes sense! Thanks

Back