Exercising and gaining weight is this normal?

I've lost 85lbs in the last six months without exercise and been eating around 1500 to 1800 calories a day,I'm a 26yr old male 6ft 204lbs currently.I started working out and walking/jogging 3weeks ago to tone up and get in shape and have gained about 3 or 4lbs,only thing I've changed in my diet is on days I workout I take a pre workout supplament,I'm wondering is that much weight gain normal,again I'm not attempting to bulk up right now I want to get a toned body first.I need some info from people that know about this kind of thing as in a newbie to the workout/exercise game.

^^
I'm not sure what you mean by mad cow 5x5,and is strong lift like a lot of weight 5 reps,5 sets?

Yes, it mean u will practice 5 rep/5 set, if complete(with the same weight) the next training u will increase 2kg (1kg each other) with dead lift is 4 kg, increase until you can not complete 5rep/5set instead is can 5-4-3-3-2,... it call be standing weight, keep this weight for the next training and in this training will have 2 case occur:

Case1: Complete, increase weight normaly in the next training
Case2: Still not complete, u'll deload 10% weight level in the next training, when deload u still use the above increase method, and if u deload 2 time, let change this exercise into 3x5 and then is 1x5 ( you'll reach 1x5 about 6-12 month ).

Rest 2 minutes between each set and 3-4 minutes between each exercise.
when u reach 3x5 the rest time can be longer.:)

And u will focus on 4 exercise: Squat, dead lift, bench press, pendlay row, overhead press.
Training A: Squat - Bench Press - Pendlay row
Training B: Squat - Overhead Press - Deadlift

Use above training progarm alternating with 1 day rest

eg: AXBXAXX
or BXAXBXX

Ok,I'll have to see what I can do to do a similar workout as I'm using the total gym system at home right now,I'm hoping to get into a gym just can't right now.

Back